• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting on LTC, anyone willing to help?

All these are good pistols, but the question is which one is good for you, and what do you intend to use the pistol for. As a rule, small lightweight pistol do not make good target guns, while larger heavier pistol are harder to carry, but a delight to shoot at the range. So, once you know what you intend to use the pistol for, then rent one and try it out.

Def. Have held the Weather as my best friend has it. Held the G19 as well. Both felt great but a little too big to carry conceal as my first firearm? BHP( sorry i dont know the acronym)

BHP is the Browning Hi Power, aka the GP or the P35. The first successful staggered-mag 9mm, though I think they later made them in .40 as well (outreach to the homosexual community, probably as a tax writeoff or something). The ergonomics are brilliant, the recoil is negligible, good accuracy, easy maintenance. I carry one all the time IWB.

I love the BHP, and own three of them, but the sights took several years of development to become useful. They also tend to be pricey in MA. But preban standard-cap mags are pretty easy to find.

Last edited:
All these are good pistols, but the question is which one is good for you, and what do you intend to use the pistol for. As a rule, small lightweight pistol do not make good target guns, while larger heavier pistol are harder to carry, but a delight to shoot at the range. So, once you know what you intend to use the pistol for, then rent one and try it out.
This......after many itterations of small pistols......I hate them.

Pretty much and mostly carry a full size. G22 or G17. My summerish carry is a Mossy MC2C which has a better trigger than Glock and is half the price of a G48 and half the thickness of a full size and still carries a 16 round mag when Im down south. I just shot it vs. my G17 at Palmetto in North Carolina last week and by far I'm way more accurate with the MC2C, even though it has a slightly shorter barrel than the 17. The trigger is just crisp and solid at break, where the glock is more mushy.

G19 is still probably the most popular "all around" pistol sold. The turkish variants like the Canik is a similar size are good as well, and I'll argue have better triggers than Glock.

Targets.....a 1911 or BHP is great......not a fan of carry...they end up being unnecessarily heavy for me.....but that's just me. They would be a good alternative as an all around pistol if you don't mind the weight, and at the range you would appreciate the weight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom