• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone load 444 marlin? Got a box of 265 grain hornady ftx to pay forward.

whacko

NES Member
Picked up a box of Hornady ftx 265 grain projos to load 44 mag but realized these make my oal too long even for my ruger 44 carbine to chamber. Turns out they are for 444 marlin notn44 mag.

Anyone want them? I'll mail em.

Itll be an opened box of 99.....its short the one I played with to realize they wouldn't work lol

20230607_194557.jpg

20230612_062412.jpg

Last edited:
Cant you just remove the pointy rubbery tip?

Kinda like XTP on the cheap ;)
I believe the length and profile of the bullet is different than the XTPs - even with the rubber/plastic tip removed?

@whacko will they chamber fine (not protrude past the cylinder holes) on your revolver(s)?

I believe the length and profile of the bullet is different than the XTPs - even with the rubber/plastic tip removed?

@whacko will they chamber fine (not protrude past the cylinder holes) on your revolver(s)?
They will not fit in my revolver the tip protrudes past the cylinder and my ruger 44 carbine won't chamber them either.

Picked up a box of Hornady ftx 265 grain projos to load 44 mag but realized these make my oal too long even for my ruger 44 carbine to chamber. Turns out they are for 444 marlin notn44 mag.

Anyone want them? I'll mail em.

Itll be an opened box of 99.....its short the one I played with to realize they wouldn't work lol

View attachment 762536

View attachment 762537
I didn't read your post and thought the round on your hand was a 444. I was going to ask if it was a joke or you have massive hands.

Back
Top Bottom