Anyone love snub-nosed .38spl?

I was cleaning guns today when I thought I'd share my two S&W model 36 38 specials. One belonged to a family member who passed away 3 years ago and was given to me. One is nickel and the other is stainless. I'm interested in seeing which one you guys prefer? Enjoy!

15i6zwz.jpg

Last edited:
I always had a model 36 when I was young, when I went to Glocks I stupidly sold it, but I did buy a Model 60 and a 642 a while ago, I ended up keeping the 60 and selling the 642 to a friend who needed a small gun.

There is just something timeless and classic about the 2 digit J frames. Stainless is my favorite.

I'm not really a revolver guy but I love the stainless one. It's an iconic looking firearm and I'm glad you all like it too. Is the stainless worth more?

I've been jonesin for a snub-nose 38spl since I made my last purchase a few months ago. This will be my next purchase. I like stainless guns in general and especially this one.

I have a scandium 357. My favorite handgun. Way more accurate than I, and a blast to shoot. Plus, nothing says F off like a 6' muzzle flash! Even if you miss your enemy may catch fire! Hadouken!

I absolutely love my S&W M640-1 .357 Magnum!

For carry rounds I use COR-BON .357 magnum ammo

Shown first with Hogue Kingwood custom grips

And second with boot grips, a Don Hume Leather Holster & a leather bullet wallet

I SnW 640 357 custom made grip.jpg SnW 640 357 custom leather.jpg

No picture currently, but I've got a M36 Flat latch. I've put some Wolff springs in it and polished things up a bit. Sweet little gun.

I have a stainless S & W snub nose that I picked up not too long ago. I bought one in 1962 or 63 (blued) for $85.00. Wish I still had it.

I've recently become interested in getting a snubby. I'm thinking a 642 will be my next handgun purchase.

My wife has a new S&W 637 Airweight J-frame for carry. While I prefer my G27, I might have stolen hers had she not put pink grips on it...smart girl...

Love? No.
Appreciate? Hell yeah!

A Taurus M85 UltraLight Stainless is my EDC, in a pocket holster. I spent years carrying a full-size .45, trying to stay concealed in the Texas heat, before finally conceding.

The snubbie isn't enough gun, but it's some gun, and if I needed "enough" gun, I'd be packing rifles and shotguns and lots of buddies with rifles and shotguns.

I am 100% confident the .38 will always go "bang" when I need it to, at least the first five times I need it to.

To echo the others: stainless. Nickel just isn't attractive. I'd rather have worn bluing than cracked nickel.

Stainless for everyday carry, but I have always been partial to nickel plated guns. I'd take either off your hands if you wanted to give me one [grin]. For reliable, proven protection, it's hard to beat a J frame smith.

Back
Top Bottom