• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone read "Emergency" by Neil Strauss

Just finished reading the book "Emergency" by Neil Strauss - I was wondering what you guys, if you read the book, thought about his advice and steps he took to make himself disaster ready. Also, if any of you did anything like the wilderness survival courses, urban survival courses, etc. and can recommend an instructor, it would be appreciated. In his book, Strauss talks about taking a class "Urban escape and evasion" from on point tactical - does anyone know of anything like this in our area?

Sure it's kev reeves place. Onr of my students has taken quite a few of his courses and really liked them. it's pricy though???
there are places around here where you can get similar training.

currently reading Neil's book myself, about 50 pages left. got if for Christmas along with J.W.Rawles' "How to Survive TEOTWAKI".

"Emergency" was good, definitely the more entertaining of the two, although I thought Rawles' book was a little more useful for a beginner like myself even though it's basically just a laundry list of stuff you'll need to survive and he doesn't go into much detail about HOW to survive. For soft, lazy city folks (ME) who haven't done any prep for teotwaki, Rawles' book was a big wake up call about all the stuff the average person would never think they'd need.

I'd also be interested in similar classes if they're around. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Back
Top Bottom