• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone see the Ware PD commentary on the gun control law?

Just some constructive criticism that would be helpful for me with posts like this, please actually post the thing that you are asking if we saw, and archive link any paywalled sites to the glob, wsj, etc….not all of us subscribe to those sites and don’t have access.

They can say they won't enforce it, but the DA's office will
If arrests never happen, how can the DA do anything?

"I guess they're just too dang smart for us; we just can't catch anybody doing anything wrong. [And dang are they all good looking, to boot.]"

At least they have the balls to say something. Think I'll make some popcorn, open a cold one and wait for the liberal blowback.

That's like saying "At least the HAZMAT people did something, even though it was unnecessary or just plain wrong".

There's no excuse for stupid, unnecessary statements by any government agency. They're either going to do what they're charged to do or not.

My bet is that no matter what they say on Faceplant, they'll be enforcing everything in that entire crock of shit when the orders come down from the top.

Time for a paranoid (or is it realistic? - you decide:

Aide: But we want to pass this, what if the police object?
Legislator: We'll put in an anti-police clause. When the police lobby objects, will offer to take it out on the condition they drop their opposition and support the bill.
Aide: Good idea boss. I'll get that into the draft.

That's like saying "At least the HAZMAT people did something, even though it was unnecessary or just plain wrong".

There's no excuse for stupid, unnecessary statements by any government agency. They're either going to do what they're charged to do or not.

My bet is that no matter what they say on Faceplant, they'll be enforcing everything in that entire crock of shit when the orders come down from the top.
Not necessarily. Your neighbor state to the west (MO) has pushed back against Fed anti-2A law. I've seen local jurisdictions ignore oppressive state law as well. There are mid-size cities to small towns and even less populated counties in CA that are not enforcing the latest round of anti-2A law. I have heard of several accounts and know of one directly, and that one is not so far from LA.

That said, such anti-Constitutional law must be fought as it leaves us all vulnerable.

Time for a paranoid (or is it realistic? - you decide:

Aide: But we want to pass this, what if the police object?
Legislator: We'll put in an anti-police clause. When the police lobby objects, will offer to take it out on the condition they drop their opposition and support the bill.
Aide: Good idea boss. I'll get that into the draft.
You want paranoid? I just imagine that after this passes, the police that do want guns out of the hands of “civilians” will just park outside of gun ranges and pull over cars leaving the range for traffic violations and then say they saw some illegal item “in plain sight” during the stop, and then the fun snowballs from there. Setting up citizens on technicalities who are trying to follow the law, and confiscating their ”caches” of guns is a lot easier than tracking down actual criminals and shooting it out with them to get their guns, and they get to layout a bunch of dangerous stuff on a table to put on their Instagram and Twitter feeds.

Back
Top Bottom