Anyone seen decent surplus 30-06 lately?

I placed an order on their website January 9th. It still shows "processing" with a TBD ship date. I'll post up when it ships so you have an idea.

and remember, everyone's limit renews on Jan 1, so they're probably flooded with orders. Best time I found to order is mid december, got it in a little over a week!

was it the Korean stuff? Rileys has that but its corrosive

Depending on the head stamp and can be either. There are some old timers who love the Korean stuff either way. They say its the most accurate m2 ball made.

Depending on the head stamp and can be either. There are some old timers who love the Korean stuff either way. They say its the most accurate m2 ball made.

yeah the stuff they had definitely was, according to the headstamp. Unless its a real beater though, I can't imagine people would want to use that in their garand.

As an update to my order posts, so you guys can have an idea of the current timeframe the CMP is processing orders in:

1/23 - Order Placed
2/12 - Credit Card charged
2/14 - Tracking Number
2/18 - Shipped
2/21 - Delivered

that's not bad at all

True. Under a month. Better than their estimate of 60-120 days.

I had mentioned my concerns with the quality of the ammo earlier in this thread. The stuff is great. A little dirty and the cans were beat to hell but who cares. Can't wait to empty these cases at the range!

I like to go thru them all to check each round for corrosion as well as to check the headstamps for anything unusual and count the total. Wear gloves, your hands will be filthy when you're done.

I like to go thru them all to check each round for corrosion as well as to check the headstamps for anything unusual and count the total. Wear gloves, your hands will be filthy when you're done.

I just went through one can. They all looked good, except one round that had a flat spot on the case. And yes, my hands were black after.

How many did you get? I typically got 204 in my orders.

The one with the flat spot, is it just a dent? As long as that chambers, its fine to shoot. The dent will magically disappear just before ejection ;-)

I've been running 1/2 a can loads through a case vibe (set up just for CMP surplus ammo)with walnut litter and a little mineral spirits for half an hour. Cartridges looked and felt like new manufacture.
Easier to read headstamps too...

I wondered if that was safe to do, never tried it but sounds like it would be fine to do.

How many did you get? I typically got 204 in my orders.

The one with the flat spot, is it just a dent? As long as that chambers, its fine to shoot. The dent will magically disappear just before ejection ;-)

I counted 205 rounds in each can.

Back
Top Bottom