• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Application Process in Summerville?

Daughter has a friend who has an interest in firearms and lives in Summerville. I have no recent information on how hard the LTC process is there. Any info you have will be appreciated!

Before I get the usual responses:

1) yes I will tell him to move
2) Yes I will tell him to leave an upper decker on the Chiefs commode.
3) Yes I will tell him to bang the licensing processors wife or licensing person themselves.
4) Yes I will tell him to throw the desk officers keys up on the roof.

Last edited:
I renewed my unrestricted license there about 5 years ago and got unrestricted. I'm almost certain the captain that interviewed me said they normally give restricted for 1st time applicants. Guy was pretty chill and was a few months out from retiring so maybe he was throwing me a bone. All LTC applications and renewals go through West District PD right on Broadway. Maybe the kid will have better luck if he brings coffee and bagels from Mag Muffs right next door. Otherwise there's nothing special required in Somerville.

Daughter has a friend who has an interest in firearms and lives in Summerville. I have no recent information on how hard the LTC process is there. Any info you have will be appreciated!

Before I get the usual responses:

1) yes I will tell him to move
2) Yes I will tell him to leave an upper decker on the Chiefs commode.
3) Yes I will tell him to bang the licensing processors wife or licensing person themselves.
4) Yes I will tell him to throw the desk officers keys up on the roof.
In return he might tell you it’s actually called Somerville.

You might want to consider going to the PD, getting an application and asking questions there. Or, if your daughter's friend is warm to the touch and can stand up without help, maybe he can go there. Jack.

Son got an unrestricted renewal there a few years back. He was MIL at the time so I don't know if that made a difference.

dont know now but pre covid all you did was make an appointment at licensing office and when you go in they take your app, get finger prints and take picture; I had heard recently. that the current. person handling it will give you unrestricted if you lived in city more than a year

Back
Top Bottom