Applied for LTC Today - Awesome Experience!!!

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
It was great!

My wife and I met with the licensing officer in our town to submit our LTC apps and things could not have gone better. Even though our town is listed as green, we were still a little hesitant (hey, it's MA after all). The sergeant brought us in and we presented our applications, course certificates and letters of reference. He looked through the information and said, "So, you're applying for all lawful purposes". I replied, "Yes sir, ...I believe that permits us to carry concealed firearms with no restrictions." He said, "That's right. We're going to list this as an ALP on your license". He asked us what kind of guns we were thinking of carrying and I mentioned that I thought a .38 S&W made sense. He was also pleased that we had joined our local gun club and planned to get involved in shooting sports and take more courses (some of which are even offered by the PD at no charge.)

During our fingerprints and photos, we did a lot of chitchat. It was an extremely pleasant experience. When we were leaving he informed us that we'd receive a postcard in the mail from him within 30 days letting us know to pick up our licenses. I'll be sure to check back if we don't, just to be sure, but judging by this experience I feel confident it should go smoothly.

I'll keep everyone updated and let you all know when we get our LTC's ...can't wait! I figure we're going shopping in early March! [party2][banana][smile]

Last edited:
Welcome to the club of lawfully armed citizens.

p.s. I'm jealous, hate you and you suck...but only 'cause I live in Lowell with a "sporting" restriction.[smile]

Nice..The way it should be for all. The only real problem I see is that your wife is going to cost you. All the new iron and with the price of ammo. You may of wished it went differently. Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience. Good luck and don't shoot each other[smile]

Thats great! Congrats!

I had a very pleasant experience when I applied also, but I guess that is common here in Western MA, but it should be the case in all towns and for all law abiding citizens

Nice! When I applied in Leominster, the first thing the licensing officer did was hand my a 10% off ammo coupon for Dick's Sporting Goods!! Kind of broke the ice, as I was nervous too.

LOL, that doesn't surprise me. I accompanied a friend of mine when he went to do a FTF sale in the Wocester area. We stopped at the Worcester PD to pick up an FA-10 (I know, I know). The cop at the front desk told us we'd have to come back and make an appointment with the licensing officer another day, just to get a fricken FA-10. So we swung by Shrewsbury PD, and they gladly gave us a whole stack of them. When I say gladly, I mean the officer actually displayed what I could only describe as glee, as if giving us FA-10s actually brightened up his day. Definitely seemed like a green town to me.

Congratulations to both of you. IF we are to have licensing then this is how it SHOULD work. Sadly, some of the other posts point out how uneven the treatment is between different cities and towns. The fact that we even have to qualify our cities and towns as "red" or "green" points out the unfairness of the whole situation, especially since a license issued by any municipality is valid throughout the entire state, not to mention that a license issued to a non-resident often gives that person more rights then are enjoyed by people within our state.

I often ask people who support licensing restrictions for firearms how they would feel if their driver's licenses were restricted based on where they lived. It's not a perfect analogy, but it usually helps them "get it."

All the more reason to support GOAL in it's attempt to reform our gun laws. [grin]

I often ask people who support licensing restrictions for firearms how they would feel if their driver's licenses were restricted based on where they lived. It's not a perfect analogy, but it usually helps them "get it."

I usually use the marriage license analogy.

If gay couples were put through the wringer like gun license applicants in Massachusetts, 90% of the Commonwealth would still be smoldering from the fires set during the riots.

Thats great! Congrats!

I had a very pleasant experience when I applied also, but I guess that is common here in Western MA, but it should be the case in all towns and for all law abiding citizens

Have to say I had the same experince. My local PD could not have been nicer or more helpful.

It was great!

My wife and I met with the licensing officer in our town to submit our LTC apps and things could not have gone better. Even though our town is listed as green, we were still a little hesitant (hey, it's MA after all). The sergeant brought us in and we presented our applications, course certificates and letters of reference. He looked through the information and said, "So, you're applying for all lawful purposes". I replied, "Yes sir, ...I believe that permits us to carry concealed firearms with no restrictions." He said, "That's right. We're going to list this as an ALP on your license". He asked us what kind of guns we were thinking of carrying and I mentioned that I thought a .38 S&W - 4 inch barrel made sense and he told us that's exactly what he carries while off duty. He was also pleased that we had joined our local gun club and planned to get involved in shooting sports and take more courses (some of which are even offered by the PD at no charge.)

During our fingerprints and photos, we did a lot of chitchat. It was an extremely pleasant experience. When we were leaving he informed us that we'd receive a postcard in the mail from him within 30 days letting us know to pick up our licenses. I'll be sure to check back if we don't, just to be sure, but judging by this experience I feel confident it should go smoothly.

I'll keep everyone updated and let you all know when we get our LTC's ...can't wait! I figure we're going shopping in early March! [party2][banana][smile]

Now join GOAL!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Great experience, which should be normal in every city/town.

Tele mark, I didn't get a Dick's coupon. Are they giving rain checks??

Back
Top Bottom