AR-15 Mags - Keep Your Eyes Open....

I just wanted to let you current and future AR-15 owners know that there are still deals to be had out there! When I see M1911 getting zinged and then see in our own classifieds ads for AR-15 mags that are ludicrously priced, (and folks buying them no less), I get steamed... [angry]

I'm not bragging - just looking around, but I got 10 "pre-ban" USGI 30-round AR-15 mags, green followers, in excellent shape for $7.00 per mag. No I don't have sources, I just looked around - they are out there. Please, as much as I'm for "free enterprise" and "what the market will bear", resist paying $30.00 for a USGI mag. Save cash flow for ammo...

The $15 mags I got were bona-fide GI mags, came in the dated bags and everything. The $10 mags were Asian steel mags. They seem to be pretty good, I haven't seen a hi-cup with them yet. I will eventually get some magpull followers

Question: how do I know if my mags are pre-ban if they don't have a date stamp?

I'm in NH now and have a ton of 30rd GI mags, most are still in original bags and don't appear to have date stamps. In fact I just bought some Colt from Rileys and they weren't stamped. Only my B'master and the CMAGs appear to be date stamped...

How about PM'ing me some sources of good (inexpensive - I hate the word cheap) mags as well? Thanks.

I would if I did, but I can't so I shan't .... [grin] My suggestion: Statr surfing the classifieds - especially on sites like ARF.Com

Be sure to check the rep of the person you're dealing with before you commit to anything. There are plenty of people willing to take advantage of states like MA by inflating prices, (see classifieds right here) or not sending mags at all. I thought the deal I got was too good to be true, so I checked around and this person is AOK...It didn't take long - just right place at the right time....

AR-15 mags that are ludicrously priced

Speaking of ludicrously priced, while looking for pre-ban high cap 92FS mags, I came across somebody selling them for $499.95! [shocked][shocked][shocked]

You can buy the whole pistol for that much money! They claimed the mags were new in bag, but thanks, I'll take used ones from somebody else for the $479.95 discount.

Question: how do I know if my mags are pre-ban if they don't have a date stamp?

I'm in NH now and have a ton of 30rd GI mags, most are still in original bags and don't appear to have date stamps. In fact I just bought some Colt from Rileys and they weren't stamped. Only my B'master and the CMAGs appear to be date stamped...

The GI mags that I have are date stamped, but only on their bag. On the mag, there isn't a stamp. I think people do it to simply comply with a law that doesn't make sense.

Well, my dwindling faith in the integrity of mankind has been restored a notch or three. I just opened a box packed full of pre-ban AR-15 mags...yummy....[smile] It's good to know there are people out there still true to their word. Beautifully kept assorted USGI pre-ban magazines - all 10 in beautiful shape. $76.25 shipped.... Lovin it.

Hopefully that site finds its way to my lap

Well I couldn't find the site but according to "The Complete AR-15 Owner's Guide vol.1 3rd edition", a few of the preban manufacturers are Adventureline, Center Industries, Cooper Industries, FN, Labelle Industries, Okay Industries, Parsons, Precision Products, Sanchez (DSI). That list was for 30 rounders FYI.

Well, my dwindling faith in the integrity of mankind has been restored a notch or three. I just opened a box packed full of pre-ban AR-15 mags...yummy....[smile] It's good to know there are people out there still true to their word. Beautifully kept assorted USGI pre-ban magazines - all 10 in beautiful shape. $76.25 shipped.... Lovin it.

Good buy! The best I have seen was in the $10-$11 range shipped. If you decide that you have too many of those...I can scrounge up $8-$9 each for the ones you don't want. [smile]

Good buy! The best I have seen was in the $10-$11 range shipped. If you decide that you have too many of those...I can scrounge up $8-$9 each for the ones you don't want. [smile]

Thanks - you never know. I have been known to part with a mag or two for a friend in need....These are a mix of Sanchez, Okay, Labelle and Cooper. I have two Coopers from my old AR-15 that were a tight fit, but these look worn in nicely. I've got some more coming from a member here and I should be GTG. I have some Colt 20-rounders as well and will start looking for more of those.

I got by just fine in my previous AR-15 life without them, but I have been thinking of getting some Magpul's for them - anyone have an opinion on them?

The hard part for me isn't finding the deals anymore...

... its keeping the $ in the bank long enough to buy them!

Don't I know it. [wink]

I think we are the benefactors of a P-Mag boom. Apparently the bugs are worked out at Magpul and these mags are supposed to be the chit. Us poor folks behind enemy lines can't get them, but I'm finding preban USGI mags by the droves out there...

I have decided that I will not spend more than $12 on a pre-ban USGI mag. Right now you don't have to it seems if you look as stated before. The best deal I found so far was about $8 and change shipped per 30 rounder but most hover in the $10-$15 range. Mark, great idea for this thread to get the word out and heads up. I never thought I would find them cheaper than $15-$20 when I first started looking. +1 for you (even though I don't think my rep points count yet).

Back
Top Bottom