• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR click, no bang

I knew this thread would dead end.....sorry I wasted my time trying to help.
Not me!!!! Keeping mine updated.

This ^

I’m thinking there is a separated case neck in the chamber or something preventing the bolt from closing with a round.

Just a thought.
Separated case neck can be hard to see on assembled rifle. As @Uzi2 said, disassemble, remove BCG and shine light down the barrel.

I had a round sheer off on extraction, it was hard to see. Tried removing it with an easy out, but stopped pretty quickly when it wasn't working. There's an extractor tool made specifically for this; it's now in the box of "gun stuff" that lives in the truck.

I knew this thread would dead end.....sorry I wasted my time trying to help.

Don't be such a negative Nancy...I've been on vacation.

I found an obstruction that was clinging to the inside of the barrel just past the feed ramps. I didn't notice it until I broke everything down and got a wire brush in. I took a picture of it I'll post when I can...it almost feels like hardened cosmoline that made it's way in there and smeared inside. It was just enough to prevent a round going into battery.

Back
Top Bottom