• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR in x39?

One thing I have noticed is because of the fact that customer service is dwindling in this industry people really appreciate it. One of the reasons why High Point stays in business probably the only reason is because they honor their warranty and they repair their s***. The skinflints who buy their stuff jerk off over that big time. The guns are rough trash but they stand behind the product and want the customer to have a working gun. BCA probably has similar philosophy.
Doesn't stop me from wanting a yeet cannon

Got the new NiB-X bolt from WMD Guns today. Pretty slick. Good to have a spare.
Says “Case hardened 9310, shot peened, magnetic particle inspected, with high-performance extractor, ejector springs, gas rings and special O-ring buffer.”

Not sure what the extractor is made from.
0601B618-2CDB-4EEC-A1C9-EFE1EB70A77F.jpeg

Says “Case hardened 9310, shot peened, magnetic particle inspected, with high-performance extractor, ejector springs, gas rings and special O-ring buffer.”

View attachment 559713
you need to install that to see if you can destroy it or not

View attachment 559713
so, now you have no excuse for not building a 6.5 grendel upper. just make sure to get a right version for that bolt.

View attachment 559713
I just picked up one of those as well.
Different caliber though.

Was enjoying the range to myself today until I started getting malfunctions. I noticed there wasn’t much tension on the extractor. Took it apart and realized I didn’t install the extractor o ring😬. Oops
45EB9D5D-5939-4ECE-AC2F-A97BB6DE1D3B.jpeg F60DA216-5FD5-4061-A850-41A2BED28117.jpeg 1F6EDD11-DCFC-4055-A672-3237A2243DB6.jpeg

I’ve also come to realize that I need to get a sling to steady my offhand shooting. I swap this one lower with three different uppers so I’ve been holding off on getting a sling but I really need to
With a qd mount on the upper its quick, don't have to touch the sling on the lower when swapping between them

With a qd mount on the upper its quick, don't have to touch the sling on the lower when swapping between them
Thanks. I’m a noob when it comes to AR slings.
All of my uppers have MLOK handguards. The stock is just a basic magpul MOE.

So for each of the uppers I just need one of these?
Amazon product ASIN B00ORY7TO0View: https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-M-LOK-Quick-Disconnect-Sling-Mount/dp/B00ORY7TO0

And for the buttstock, one of these

Thanks. I’m a noob when it comes to AR slings.
All of my uppers have MLOK handguards. The stock is just a basic magpul MOE.

So for each of the uppers I just need one of these?
Amazon product ASIN B00ORY7TO0View: https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-M-LOK-Quick-Disconnect-Sling-Mount/dp/B00ORY7TO0

And for the buttstock, one of these
Yeah both of those are good, I like the magpul mounts. Depending on the sling you may need the other end on the sling too.

I'd recommend blue force gear with magpul swivel disconnects

ETA: I've been meaning to do a review of these three, between magpul, vtac, and BFG vickers, the BFG was my favorite

20220109_173230.jpg

Last edited:
I use either those same Magpul mounts or the same thing made by BCM. They can normally be found for $14-22.

For slings I find the Blue Force Gear Vickers is awesome. Padded or not padded is your choice.

Yeah both of those are good, I like the magpul mounts. Depending on the sling you may need the other end on the sling too.

I'd recommend blue force gear with magpul swivel disconnects

ETA: I've been meaning to do a review of these three, between magpul, vtac, and BFG vickers, the BFG was my favorite

View attachment 562528
Well thanks for all of the recommendations. Got the BFG sling, BCM and IWC QD mounts. Hopefully get to the range this afternoon if it warms up. CC4C0F3E-E171-4DEB-879E-E318C969DADD.jpeg

Last edited:
to go along with that - there are many good videos on the topic, here is one of them.
your front sling mount imho is a bit too far toward gun center to be able to wrap sling around your wrist comfortably.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP5dUz1hsaw

Good call. All my other rifles (AK, Garand, 1903, K31, M1 carbine, lever guns) all have the sling mounted at the very end which allows for a tight hold. I’ll have to play around with this one to see how I like it. And make sure the QD mount doesn’t get in the way of my grip on the handguard

If it doesn't set off the Tula or Wolf then it will never set off the golden tiger. That was the problem I had but my hammer spring was just strong enough with the regular firing pin to set off tula/wolf/red army. So I save the GT for the AK & SKS
Kicking myself for not testing this sooner. I finally shot some of the golden tiger today and it was basically a 90% failure to fire rate. The rise armament trigger has the extra power hammer spring installed and I have an enhanced firing pin installed that Bear Creek sent me. Not sure if I should try that bubba’d firing pin that I messed around with the tail stop😂
Probably a sure way to get pierced primers

Left one looks hit quite deep.
Possibly. The true test will be to fire loaded rounds and see.
If this does work and doesn’t end up piercing primers I’ll have to put a note somewhere reminding me which firing pin I have in it. For when I’m shooting Tula/Wolf

Was looking at grabbing a Windham Weaponry AR upper in 7.62x39 and figured there would be a thread on NES already on the topic.

I have nothing that shoots 762x39 and was feeling like a failure of a human as a result. Figured the AR platform would be the way to go. I’m not paying these prices for an AK in MA.

Back
Top Bottom