ar scopes

Just got leupold HAMR with delta reflex 3.5 moa red dot. So it's an illuminated ACOG 4x + red dot.
ujatu8un.jpg

I just picked up a Primary Arms Compact 3x and I like it a lot. Got it sighted in last weekend at the range and it really is a great deal for the money. I think it was about $180 if I recall correctly. Illuminuted reticle if you want it. Nice clear glass with lots of viewing area.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Compact_Scope_PAC3X_p/pac3x.htm

I had a Nikon M-223 2-8x on there but took it off a while back to get better with my irons. I ended up mounting the M-223 on my 10/22 and getting the Compact 3x for my AR. Love it.

I have the same sight. It's damn near identical to the Burris AR-332, and 120$ less than what my buddy paid for it. I haven't gotten to range with it yet, but next couple of days.

I just picked up a Primary Arms Compact 3x and I like it a lot. Got it sighted in last weekend at the range and it really is a great deal for the money. I think it was about $180 if I recall correctly. Illuminuted reticle if you want it. Nice clear glass with lots of viewing area.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Compact_Scope_PAC3X_p/pac3x.htm

I had a Nikon M-223 2-8x on there but took it off a while back to get better with my irons. I ended up mounting the M-223 on my 10/22 and getting the Compact 3x for my AR. Love it.

This is what I'm looking for.
PAC3X-4.jpg

It can be mounted on either the handle, or its own mount on a flat-top. Perfect!

I wonder how easily it moves from gun to gun, and if it needs to be re-zeroed.

Time to revisit this scope idea.

The advantage of a 1x at the low end is that you can shoot both eyes open just about as quickly as with iron sights (or a red dot), but a better hit rate. This is idea for close quarters.

Then by cranking the scope up to 4x, you can hit targets pretty consistently at 100 or 200 yards.

The M4 variant is unusual in its effectiveness both as a CQ weapon and a medium range rifle. The 1-4x compliments that capacity nicely.

Which scope are you talking about here?

Anyone have any experience with this one?

41fgOKArT-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[h=1]AR-332 Tactical Sight 3X-32mm[/h]
I currently have an EOTech and I'm not a huge fan. Looking for something with some magnification...

I think I saw this at $349.

Thanks, You talked me into it.... just ordered one from Optics Planet..

haha. me too!

This was the Nikon M-223 3x, right?

I have the same sight. It's damn near identical to the Burris AR-332, and 120$ less than what my buddy paid for it. I haven't gotten to range with it yet, but next couple of days.

Range report? :)

The advantage of a 1x at the low end is that you can shoot both eyes open just about as quickly as with iron sights (or a red dot), but a better hit rate. This is idea for close quarters.

Then by cranking the scope up to 4x, you can hit targets pretty consistently at 100 or 200 yards.

The M4 variant is unusual in its effectiveness both as a CQ weapon and a medium range rifle. The 1-4x compliments that capacity nicely.
Any recommendations for a specific 1-4x?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For those with a 1-4x scope or red dot shooting out to 100-200 yds, are you able to see the bullet hole without using a spotting scope? Or are you hitting a steel plate or a 12"x12" paper target but not knowing exactly the point of impact? I don't want this to be a MOA argument like the one from a couple of weeks ago. But wanted recommendations on a smaller sized scope with good magnification, so I don't have to use a spotting scope. My 1x red dot is limited in useful range and I feel like a cheat when I crank up the bigger and heavier scopes to 10X+.

For those with a 1-4x scope or red dot shooting out to 100-200 yds, are you able to see the bullet hole without using a spotting scope? Or are you hitting a steel plate or a 12"x12" paper target but not knowing exactly the point of impact? I don't want this to be a MOA argument like the one from a couple of weeks ago. But wanted recommendations on a smaller sized scope with good magnification, so I don't have to use a spotting scope. My 1x red dot is limited in useful range and I feel like a cheat when I crank up the bigger and heavier scopes to 10X+.

It's a 1x4.... I bring my binoculars to the range with me.. for POI..

You're not going to see bullet holes at 200 through a 4x. You're possibly not going to see them at 100 either. Get a spotting scope.

You're not going to see bullet holes at 200 through a 4x. You're possibly not going to see them at 100 either. Get a spotting scope.

Even a decent spotting scope will have trouble with 5.56 holes at 200m on the black lines. .308 is much easier to see. But we use the spotting scope for 9mm holes at 200m as well: There is just no substitute for a quality spotting scope.

Even a decent spotting scope will have trouble with 5.56 holes at 200m on the black lines. .308 is much easier to see. But we use the spotting scope for 9mm holes at 200m as well: There is just no substitute for a quality spotting scope.

http://www.bullseyecamera.com

I think this is a good substitute.
Good for a mile line of sight . You can have two targets near each other and track your shots on both.

Seeing 22holes through a spotting scope even nice ones can be iffy. Light can play a huge factor.
I have a konus 80mm on really bright days with the sun above or behind me I can pick up 22 holes at 100 and sometimes 200. Problem with less expensive scopes is the clarity and contrast/resolution drop off quick and higher magx.
Good luck to all on your search .....I'm still looking for a scope for my AR. For now I keep using my 20 yr old leupold.
2.5x8x32.....

For what it's worth I went with a Sightron SIII 8x32x56 with moa 2 reticle. Going with the vortex cantilever mount.

Back
Top Bottom