AR15 Compensator

compensator, flash suppressor, muzzle brake...the only thing different it the name you choose to call it...any one of them is legal for a post ban AR as long as it is pinned, or welded on. i would go with the standard A2 style

compensator, flash suppressor, muzzle brake...the only thing different it the name you choose to call it...any one of them is legal for a post ban AR as long as it is pinned, or welded on. i would go with the standard A2 style

That is bad advice if I have ever seen it.

Pick a comp/brake, and have it drilled and pinned in place.

ETA; didn't realize this was the same post in 2 different sub forums. That is annoying.

Fail.

Good job providing false info that will result in a felony if this person makes the same poor choice you do. [angry]

Thanks to ALL for the replies. Yes I know the difference between a compensator, flash suppressor,muzzle brake.
Just looking for opinions on how to put one on and not be a felon. Sorry if I found two good places to post this.
I was thinking of not threading and going with a light press fit, pinning and silver soldering.

Wicked wrong!

3669845_AvJVN-L.jpg

Dude. Be smart. Don't give bad advice or we'll think you're a [troll]

See if you can find some on friends' guns to try first. Some of those compensators (like the bushy mini-Y comp), are excellent at making your gun louder and irritating to the guys next to you on the firing line.

It's a custom comp a friend of mine makes.

However, I am looking into an SJC Titan for an other build I am throwing around, and I have a JP cooley for my gf's next gun.

Comps work by slamming gas against baffles and redirecting it to the sides and back. The more gas it stops and redirects, the better it works. Nature of the beast.

I've shot the titan....it's loud, but it feels like I'm shooting a 22lr. Damn barrel doesn't move. Trade off is worth it, control is ridiculous, but I wouldn't want to pop one off indoors without electronic ear protection.

When set up with a lightened BCG and an adjustable gas system, a good comp will turn your rifle into a friggen race car. I can not believe how fast I can get hits on target.

Back
Top Bottom