• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arlington, MA school locked down - empty cartridges found

kieron

NES Member
The Gibbs School (6th grade) in Arlington MA was subject to a shelter-in-place this morning, due to the discovery of two empty cartridges in a stairwell by one of the staff. School administration and police were notified, and K9 units went through the building before the all-clear was given.

According to the APS Superintendent, the police investigated and discovered the empty cartridges were accidently dropped by a "community member attending evening classes" the night prior.

Keep an eye on your gear, folks. It's sad to think someone's probably going to get jammed up bad (jail, LTC lost, firearms confiscated) for a couple empties.

Edit: to add link

Last edited:
The Gibbs School (6th grade) in Arlington MA was subject to a shelter-in-place this morning, due to the discovery of two empty cartridges in a stairwell by one of the staff. School administration and police were notified, and K9 units went through the building before the all-clear was given.

According to the APS Superintendent, the police investigated and discovered the empty cartridges were accidently dropped by a "community member attending evening classes" the night prior.

Keep an eye on your gear, folks. It's sad to think someone's probably going to get jammed up bad (jail, LTC lost, firearms confiscated) for a couple empties.
Makes me want to dress as Santa, ride in the back of a truck, and parade down the street tossing brass like candy.

Well, based on your stated location, you should be able to do that, without a parade.

Unless there's a difference between brass-strewing, and nuking a site from orbit?
Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

;)

Edit: to add link
No doubt in my mind the casing were "planted" there by the staff member who "found" them.

Do you think they will dust them for prints then search for the culprit?
No, they'll push even harder for serialized micro stamping which would likely double the price of ammo, besides being completely unreliable.

It's f***ing empty brass people need to get a grip.

Honestly I hope some rando tries to do it with a broadcast spreader full of 22 empties.. Just put enough in that hopper so that they'll never find them all maybe they can just work this insane bullshit out of their system. Empty brass doesn't mean that somebody is going to get shot.

So I set up a face to face meeting with the staffer who "found" the casings and Anton Chigurh, "case" would likely be solved fairly quickly.

Nobody, no visitor, nobody, brings empty brass to a school unless they intend to leave it there.

That's not entirely correct.

I was at a parent-teacher meeting a month or so ago. Tossed the clothes I wore that night into the hamper, did laundry a couple days later. Found three 9mm casings in the dryer. Don't know which piece of my clothing they came out of, but suspect my sweatshirt. Which I wore to the range and to the school.

That's not entirely correct.

I was at a parent-teacher meeting a month or so ago. Tossed the clothes I wore that night into the hamper, did laundry a couple days later. Found three 9mm casings in the dryer. Don't know which piece of my clothing they came out of, but suspect my sweatshirt. Which I wore to the range and to the school.
"in the stairwell" is all you really need to know.

You really can't make this stuff up. Evidently the 9mm casings may have been training aids dropped by someone instructing school staff about safety.

To be fair, a 9mm case in a stairwell is a recipe for someone falling down said staircase. Maybe the janitor could have put the puke-sawdust on it to save someone until the hazmat team came by to clean it up.

No, they'll push even harder for serialized micro stamping which would likely double the price of ammo, besides being completely unreliable.
Interesting. My 1911oids have a replaceable firing pin, breechface and extractor.

Liberals and their non-working brains !!! Go figure !! They must have someone at home who explains the SNL skits to them !!!

Back
Top Bottom