Article: California ‘Tyrant Registry’ First Amendment Lawsuit Adds Massachusetts Man

Another case of "some are more equal than others". It's all fun and games for people to demand publishing of LTC holders' addresses, until the tables are turned and these scumbags are put in the spotlight. Ladies and gentlemen, the fight is on, and has been for years. In places that they've beat the 2nd, and in some cases other amendments, into submission, they're after the first, and extending their reach rather close to home.

They are, but the tyrants in Kalifornia passed a law that makes it illegal to publish tyrants' names, addresses, and phone numbers.

Sounds like they have something to hide, or they are cowards. Wonder how many of them have carry permits?

Excellent.

In addition to the CA law and 1st Amendment issues, it also presents the legal question of "Can a state regulate the behavior of a resident of another state for action that takes place completely outside the borders of the state doing the banning?".

Legally this is no different that the CA legislature passing a law stating that no MA resident can carry a gun in the state of MA.

Excellent.

In addition to the CA law and 1st Amendment issues, it also presents the legal question of "Can a state regulate the behavior of a resident of another state for action that takes place completely outside the borders of the state doing the banning?".

That was my first thought... why didn't Derek tell CA to go pound sand?

That was my first thought... why didn't Derek tell CA to go pound sand?
CA could get a judgement against Derrek in a CA court, which under the "full faith and credit" clause of the US Constitution is enfoceable (by asset seizure for civil cases; extradition for criminal ones) across the country. The courts of other states do not evaluate the merits of the case when enforcing an order from a court in another state.

Another case of "some are more equal than others". It's all fun and games for people to demand publishing of LTC holders' addresses, until the tables are turned and these scumbags are put in the spotlight. Ladies and gentlemen, the fight is on, and has been for years. In places that they've beat the 2nd, and in some cases other amendments, into submission, they're after the first, and extending their reach rather close to home.
Exactly this^^ It's fine for them to make targets of private citizens, but when someone publishes a list of tyrants, the constitution goes out the freaking window.

CA could get a judgement against Derrek in a CA court, which under the "full faith and credit" clause of the US Constitution is enfoceable (by asset seizure for civil cases; extradition for criminal ones) across the country. The courts of other states do not evaluate the merits of the case when enforcing an order from a court in another state.

thanks for the lesson. Seriously...good info.

Good luck Derek. Go get em!
Increasing my monthly Comm2A donation tonight.

Edit: No way to increase the original subscription so canceled it and created a new one.

Last edited:
Wow, I must have had my head in the sand on this one, first I have heard of it. Thanks for taking the fight to them Derek!

Thank you, Derek! I appreciate our East Coast - West Coast civil rights alliance. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out, not just for our case but going forward in future cases and how it'll apply to state powers (or lack thereof) in interstate Internet regulations.

Thank you, Derek! For not only your ardent support of 2A, but now also 1A!

Disgusting how these Pols don't want to be held to account for their votes. They are friggin public figures!

They ought to pass a law that any legislator who makes a law pertaining to firearms has to have at least a year of training on that class of firearm. That would eliminate a lot of this crap. The gun control crowd is always claiming we need more regulations regarding training, that should apply in spades to the legislators.

They ought to pass a law that any legislator who makes a law pertaining to firearms has to have at least a year of training on that class of firearm. That would eliminate a lot of this crap. The gun control crowd is always claiming we need more regulations regarding training, that should apply in spades to the legislators.

Who needs the legislators when we have an AG that does their work for them?

Thanks, Derek, et al.

That CA court must have personal jurisdiction over the nonresident to render an enforceable judgment (a question of Constitutional as well as state "long-arm" statutory law), and whether it had personal jurisdiction is an issue that can be raised in an action to enforce the judgment in another jurisdiction's courts.

Back
Top Bottom