Asked a funny Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew said:
If you have never lost your freedom of mobility or your senses, then you might want to think about the sacrifices that you are willing to suffer for someone elses stupidity.....
Did you miss the part where I was violently assaulted by 3 people who were never convicted despite the fact that I was able to identify and locate them for the police?

You don't have the luxury of accusing me of not understanding the real cost of these freedoms... I've paid the price... I'll pay it again...

I'd rather be assaulted by those three a**h***s than have a government which supports your view of 2A...

As I said before... The chances of the government abusing power are 100%... The chances of being a victim of a violent assault or accidental/negligent discharge are an order of magnitude lower than that of being injured in a car accident...

Were am my saying that you cant bear arms???
You say I cannot do so until I take a class that satisfies your threshold of instruction to make people "safe"...

As I mentioned in a prior post, this arbitrary threshold of "reasonableness" has been a common tool of oppression in the past. Not just in dictatorships and communist countries, but in this country it has long been used to oppress minorities... Poll tests, poll taxes, voting restrictions, employment discrimination, etc...

You need to look past the first layer of the onion and recognize that where vague and arbitrary powers are granted, soon follows abuse of power...

Drew said:
Not common I know but it does happen....
[thinking] As you yourself mentioned, cars, pools, and school sports kill more people than such rare events...

Curtailing liberties for them is a trade-off neither I, nor the founders of this nation will/would accept...

Last edited:
I think the bottom line here is that Drew does not really understand the curse of the individual (eg individual liberties- the things that the founders of this nation started a WAR over) and how important they are. Until he somehow "gets that" none of us are going to change his mind..... [thinking]

Until then.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5DIcoeuxLI

[rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom