• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Cries They are to Small

He can run scorched earth as a lame duck. Get him elected and see what he does.
He will do absolutely nothing for gun owners unless the light goes on and he gets away from insiders and the NRA. The NRA is the entity who cajoled him into the bump stock thing the last go around.

Last edited:
This, to vote third party this time around is about as low IQ as it can get
I used to say that too, but for many us in the northeast we already know who is going to win the electoral votes of our home state so it really doesn't matter.

I have not voted for a winning president in my state since Ronald Reagan.....And by winning I mean won my state. In NJ, NY, CT RI, MA, and VT the (D) wins. So 3rd party at least gives a viable alternative. It is one of those places where voting 3rd party truly does not matter except symbolically. It's like expecting a Republican president to win California....just not like to happen.

I was associated with a political committee when Trump ran the first time. There was woman who was shocked the national party was not pouring money into the state...mobilizing forces...distributing signs for Trump. To which someone replied loudly "Why would they waste money on a state they know is a lost cause when they could pour it into a swing state when it might make a difference?". She still didn't get, but I sure did. They wrote off the NE long ago. So I often vote (L) just because I can. It doesn't matter at the end of the night. I've also become convinced that down-ballot stuff has much more impact on my day-to-day life than any president. The president matters but keeping the few pro 2a rep in my local state house matters more to me.

This, to vote third party this time around is about as low IQ as it can get

If trump is elected he will go full scorched earth, and if he doesn’t go full scorched earth it’s better than the democrats. Just his presidency will make them loose it and expose themselves for what they really are even more
maybe MAYBE if we can weed out the cancerous blob in government, we can think about a third Option…. Or after a collapse and I don’t even want to think about the totalitarian moves made on us if we see an economic collapse.

Oh yeah but “muh bump stocks”
He messed up, he gave them an inch and now under biden they are taking a mile. You don’t think he wants retribution for that?

Trump V1 thought he was a bridge between the left and the right
Trump V2 hopefully is the night of the long knives

And I’m not even a MAGA hardo I just pay attention for more than 5 minutes
If Trump gets elected, he's not going to do much more than he did the last time he had both chambers and squandered it tweeting petty little gotchas.
Unfortunately if he doesn't get elected we can kiss scotus goodbye and personal freedoms with it.

If Trump gets elected, he's not going to do much more than he did the last time he had both chambers and squandered it tweeting petty little gotchas.
Unfortunately if he doesn't get elected we can kiss scotus goodbye and personal freedoms with it.

IMHO outside of the scotus appointments the only pro gun stuff we can expect from him is if he signs a pro gun bill that lands on his desk on a silver platter, but the odds of that bill, whatever its for, getting there, are between slim and none....

Not as a lame suck and he was always taking a political beating. Now he can flog at will if we get him back in. Need both houses as well. Fingers crossed.
He won't have both housed even if Republicans have majorities in both.
The swamp preserves itself and hates Trump for shining a light on it.
If he gets in the most he will be able to do is save himself and some of the Jan 6ers. After that the swamp will consume him again is red tape from the installed permanent deep state left.

It might be legit. They have recently been charged with making sure the nation's Turkey Hunters have the be safe out there stickers on their shotguns,,,,so indeed this is a big assignment.........

”Still, despite the cumbersome process and size of the agency, Dettelbach said that last year, the ATF did 645,000 traces, noting that "we work within the law as best we can with our resources to turn these things around."

OK, so tell us how many crimes were solved as a result of the 645k traces that were completed. As I recall, most traces find the 3-times removed owner of a gun purchased years prior to recovery of said “crime gun”.

There’s a lot of pesky civil rights that get in the way of law enforcement. Just as dishonest people find ways to circumvent the law, government is always pushing the boundaries of civil rights.

He will do absolutely nothing for gun owners unless the light goes on and he gets away from insiders and the NRA. The NRA is the entity who cajoled him into the bump stock thing the last go around.
My biggest hope is that Don Jr keeps pushing gun issues in his Dads ear in the second term. He is a HUGE 2A guy and a friend to the industry in many cases. I just missed him by 15 minutes at a gun store in Bozeman one time...he hunts, fishes, shoots long range, etc.

Heck, my Dad was anti gun until I bought him a Henry Eagle Scout Edition with his initials as the serial number. He was so excited about that experience.

I used to say that too, but for many us in the northeast we already know who is going to win the electoral votes of our home state so it really doesn't matter.

I have not voted for a winning president in my state since Ronald Reagan.....And by winning I mean won my state. In NJ, NY, CT RI, MA, and VT the (D) wins. So 3rd party at least gives a viable alternative. It is one of those places where voting 3rd party truly does not matter except symbolically. It's like expecting a Republican president to win California....just not like to happen.

I was associated with a political committee when Trump ran the first time. There was woman who was shocked the national party was not pouring money into the state...mobilizing forces...distributing signs for Trump. To which someone replied loudly "Why would they waste money on a state they know is a lost cause when they could pour it into a swing state when it might make a difference?". She still didn't get, but I sure did. They wrote off the NE long ago. So I often vote (L) just because I can. It doesn't matter at the end of the night. I've also become convinced that down-ballot stuff has much more impact on my day-to-day life than any president. The president matters but keeping the few pro 2a rep in my local state house matters more to me.
agreed 100%. As long as I am in the Northeast, I will keep voting Libertarian at a national level (hell as well as at a local level too), just because Im sick of being given A or B choices when most issues are not black or white.

agreed 100%. As long as I am in the Northeast, I will keep voting Libertarian at a national level (hell as well as at a local level too), just because Im sick of being given A or B choices when most issues are not black or white.
I’m a vote waster also. Been voting L since I was 18. Only time I didn’t was Trump.

My biggest hope is that Don Jr keeps pushing gun issues in his Dads ear in the second term. He is a HUGE 2A guy and a friend to the industry in many cases. I just missed him by 15 minutes at a gun store in Bozeman one time...he hunts, fishes, shoots long range, etc.

Heck, my Dad was anti gun until I bought him a Henry Eagle Scout Edition with his initials as the serial number. He was so excited about that experience.
If you do see him ask about the Second Amendment coalition that vanished like a fart in a hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom