ATF: hard at work seizing... toys?

The ATF letter says they were able to convert it to a functional, potentially fully-automatic (they tested single shot only) receiver and mate it in about 1 hour. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

How does one test a machine gun with a single shot?

The ATF probably got it to fire in SA mode then merely claimed it could be converted to FA like most ARs can be converted ... by replacing trigger group parts, hammer, sear and bolt carrier group. And since most Americans, especially journalists, couldn't tell the difference between a fully automatic M-16 and a Super Soaker, no one is going to call them on it.

Given the right tools and enough time, I could convert a Toyota Prius into a fully-automatic firearm. Given that we now have the government effectively owning GM, I wouldn't be too surprised if some clever idiot at ATF were to accomplish (or claim to have accomplished) that feat sometime in the near future. Surprisingly, they won't be able to manage the same conversion with a Chevy Malibu or Cadillac CTS. [rolleyes]

Ken

Given the right tools and enough time, I could convert a Toyota Prius into a fully-automatic firearm. Given that we now have the government effectively owning GM, I wouldn't be too surprised if some clever idiot at ATF were to accomplish (or claim to have accomplished) that feat sometime in the near future. Surprisingly, they won't be able to manage the same conversion with a Chevy Malibu or Cadillac CTS. [rolleyes]

Ken
Given the electrical system of that car, you've got a nice setup for mobile rail-gun artillery piece... [laugh]

The ATF seems to have been somewhat schizo lately. Helping some people into quiet compliance and coming down on others like a ton of bricks. I am guessing it is a function of initial press-exposure that decides how much bad-cop they have to play...

The ATF seems to have been somewhat schizo lately. Helping some people into quiet compliance and coming down on others like a ton of bricks. I am guessing it is a function of initial press-exposure that decides how much bad-cop they have to play...

OK - what Great Tragedy triggered the bat-boys' reversal of a 41-year old policy holding that guns shipped to labs, lawyers, journalists, etc. were NOT "transfers," did NOT require the services of an FFL and did NOT require the filing of a 4473?

What patent attorney or test lab associate went on a shooting spree with a gun provided for research/display/field test purposes?

BATFE is just another agency under an executive department saying "How high?" when the current administration says "Jump."

OK - what Great Tragedy triggered the bat-boys' reversal of a 41-year old policy holding that guns shipped to labs, lawyers, journalists, etc. were NOT "transfers," did NOT require the services of an FFL and did NOT require the filing of a 4473?

What patent attorney or test lab associate went on a shooting spree with a gun provided for research/display/field test purposes?

BATFE is just another agency under an executive department saying "How high?" when the current administration says "Jump."
I am not arguing that point with you at all. In fact, I agree 100%.

I don't think they tested them at all, other than for physical interchangeability - if that...

Quote: "There’s a line of AR-15 firearms out there where the lower (the receiver) is made entirely of injection molded plastic … It could be made of cardboard and scotch tape,” he said."

I dunno......sounds like a bunch of "WECSOGS" (Wile E Coyote School of Gunsmithing) from FalFiles have been at that!

Rome

Quote: "There’s a line of AR-15 firearms out there where the lower (the receiver) is made entirely of injection molded plastic … It could be made of cardboard and scotch tape,” he said."

I dunno......sounds like a bunch of "WECSOGS" (Wile E Coyote School of Gunsmithing) from FalFiles have been at that!

Rome
What a bunch of horse-hocky... I'd like to see them run that test. No safety barrier allowed.

Back
Top Bottom