BAG Day purchases

Garys

NES Member
No guns, because I didn't see anything I like that much, but I did buy some ammo. I took a ride with a friend up to Four Seasons this morning. I wasn't really looking for a gun, I was looking for 303 Milsurp ammo. Unfortunately, it's all gone and all they had was some S&B commercial stuff. I looked at the used long guns, but nothing there seemed that enticing. Looking at the prices and condition of the MilSurps just made me happy to have a C&R. I did buy two bricks of PMC 22LR. At $12.00, it's pretty reasonable for plinking and casual shooting. I did see a Henry AR7 for $125.00, which I've always been sort of interested in getting, but decided against it.

We decided to stop at Collectors on the way home. They had some British mid '60s surplus 303 at $6.99 per 32. That seemed like a good price, so I bought 8 boxes. We did go up the loft to look at the used and Milsurp stuff. Some nice stuff, but nothing I was interested in or couldn't get on a C&R.

Still, it's important to have ammo, the day was pretty productive.

Gary

Bought my gun earlier this month; a CS 9. Bought more ammo for it and some .22 last Sunday. So, while on ON "BAG," I think I did my part. [wink]

I had to work all day today so I had to start earlier so I got a Vector RPD on Thursady. I'm going to go to the range on Sunday to try it out along with my Street Sweeper that I got in the begining of the month. So I did my part just a little earlier.

Cross-X said:
I ordered a K-31 last week, and it should arrive next week, so I guess this counts as a BAG Day purchase.

Neat!

Maybe we should partition Congress to change it to Buy a Gun Month. Oh wait, you mean this isn't an official "Day" sponsored by the Government? Maybe we should petition Kin du Toit to change it.

That aside I hope my purchase of the SMLE No.4 Mk2 last week in Marlboro counts.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom