Looking for a REAR squeeze bag (rear shooting rest)

So, after having a recent outing shooting sub MOA groups shooting off a rear squeeze bag made out of an old sock filled with airsoft bb's I am looking for a proper rest.

It's an AR with a Magpul PRS stock, I was using the filled sock method however it wasn't the easiest and I started suffering from hand fatigue after about 50 rounds.

There are a few bags I've watched review of on YouTube, if anyone has any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Big wool sock. Fill with sand. Tie knot and pull over itself.

At least that's what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or buy the monopod for that sock from atlas.

while i don't think it's the greatest idea, my buddy filled an empty 5 lb (or 10 lb) plastic rice bag 3/4 full with sand, zip closed the seal, then duct taped it secure. it looks lame, says jasmine rice on it, but it's working for him. those bags are really thick plastic, he has yet to break it but has an extra bag or two in reserve for when that day may come. did i mention he's cheap as all hell. he nestles his ar 5.56 & .308 rear stocks on it when he tests loads. he shoots better than me with it and i have a super expensive leather rear bag. just sayin'.

I am cheap, I use the rice bags from BJ's for the front rest covered in burlap that I hot glued together. I'm currently using the sock method and might look into putting some tape on it or something to give it more vertical form.

I recently saw a rear bag I really liked, it was almost a wedge however I never got the name of it. This is what it looks like:
triad-rear-bag-shooting-rest.jpg

I ended up settling on a WieBad Berry bag. I'll post a review of it hopefully next week after I go to the range Saturday. Initially it looks like it's going to work, though I have my eye set on the monopod but I can't justify the cost for one now.

Back
Top Bottom