Basic Firearms Course review

I just wanted to give my review of the Basic Firearms Course. Mac was our instructor.
My wife and I decided it was time to think about home and personal protection. After browsing online I came across the MFS website. Honestly the real draw was the Live Fire portion. I had fired a 22 rifle a long time ago but never a hand gun. My wife had never fired a gun of any kind. I felt that besides the basic safety course to become familiar with firearms and MA laws regarding such, it would all mean nothing if we were to get a gun she didn't like using it. The Live Fire portion was good. We got to fire a 22 semi autonomic, 2 Mags worth. We also fired a 22 revolver, both single and double action.
As it turned out she loved it. Mac made the class fun and engaging. He was very enthusiastic about gun ownership but stressed the importance of fire arms safety. All with a great sense of humor. Once we get through the licensing process we'll be scheduling the Home Defense class.

Thank you Mac and MFS. I wish you guys were closer, I would join up there in a second.

Mark

I want to piggyback off this post to say James is also an exceptional instructor. I currently have a LTC-A but my fiancee wanted someone to go with her for her Basic Firearms Course so I joined as a guest.

The class was very informative and James did a great job of stressing proper safety measures. He has a great sense of humor and was able to easily get along with everyone.

I joined the range and plan on taking several more classes through MFS in the coming months.

Also want to piggyback on this and say my instructor was great. I was a bit nervous coming to this class because I had never been instructed by or shot with someone besides my family or friends. However, the instructor(s) were very friendly, patient and helpful. I felt like I got some great shooting advice and some tips on handling pistols and revolvers that I hadn't heard yet.

My only critique is the class size. I don't think it affected the quality of instruction, but definitely affected the pace. People were late so we seemed to start a half hour late, and then because of the delays caused in getting such a large class to shoot we ended up getting out an hour late. Seems like this can be easily remedied by the additional range.

I would definitely recommend MFS to others and plan to take some additional classes.

Back
Top Bottom