Batons

Where can you buy those metal police batons in store.i don’t want to order one on like and get a Nerf. I’m going on a long road trip and I’d like to have something smaller than a baseball bet just in case.
Thanks

Get yourself a good hammer and a couple screw drivers and keep them in a small tool kit on the floor or something. Make it look normal/hide in plain site.
Maybe a kid size alum baseball bat in the trunk. Nothing illegal about it and a lot more effective.

Lot of states, MA included, carrying a baton is a felony if you’re not LE and on the clock at the time. It’s not worth it, they suck anyway, don’t waste your time and freedom.

Or you can take your chances with an Angry Steve Hickory Stick from RMJ Tactical. Filled with pewter.

2DA20CB4-3E8C-45EA-9C9A-88AEBBECD15D.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever see the movie "Walking Tall" ?

264130140.jpg

If that's a bit too obvious, a 24" long, 1/2" drive breaker bar does a good job.

612o8s%2BtCCL._AC_SX450_.jpg

Only $10.99 at Harbor Freight, and it's great for changing tires too. [wink]
Don't forget to carry a set of deep sockets to go with it.

Last edited:
I was always told if you kept a baseball bat close by, make sure you have a glove and ball.

Improvised weapons can hide in plain sight

my "go to" has always been a 5 D cell maglight, although I have a smaller C cell LED one too.

If you have ever seen a L.E.O. use one in a iffy situation, you will notice they hold it high, at shoulder level or just above, and they grasp it just in back of the bulb housing leaving the battery compartment over their shoulder.

When push comes to shove, when that thing gets swung, it is a formidable weapon

And MagLite sells nice little holders that secure the light into an accessible location.

IMG_20200217_083400323.jpg

IMG_20200217_083411514.jpg

If you're going to get a small baseball bat and leave it in your trunk, it is advisable to also place a couple gloves and a ball there, too.

Same if you buy a fish bat. Have a small tackle box, and maybe a net, too.

Put some tape around the batteries in your Maglite so they don't rattle while you're enlightening someone. You get a better thud.

I drive around with a 5 gallon bucket with stuff like a connecting bar, spud wrenches, and chipping hammer. Would be pretty good in a pinch if I couldn't be carrying.

1581957247033.png 1581957264942.png 1581957285114.png

I keep my 1990's vintage 6D cell MagLite next to the bed. I also have a 1000 lumen LED conversion kit installed into it (since the bulb options are pitiful). I have it set up so that depending on how I use the button, it's either full bright or one of three levels.

The 6D cells also add more then enough weight to dissuade anyone from being an issue for you. ;)

Collapsible baton = Felony in quite a few states and you will have some explaining to do regardless of state unless you have a documented reason for carrying one.

Pick up a ball peen hammer from harbor freight, or better yet go take some BJJ/MMA classes or something. You won't need a club to deal with unarmed threats after that. So many people focus on the pistols and weapons they carry but do nothing to focus on fitness and learn some empty handed skills.

Get the Mag Light. I used one as was stated above years ago when I was attacked by a very large man in some type of rage. It dropped him in a pile of humanity right in front of me. I was amazed at how well it worked.

F2CDAD7B-401F-44FA-B402-92B3D87FDC4A.png
I keep mine on driver’s side left and a full length one hooked to the seat rest on front passenger side. Protected by Americans with Disabilities Act. TSA-proof.

Think of them as a wakizashi and katana.

I keep a hatchet wedged between the seat and center console. At first i got it when i found the toad blocked by a small tree, but knew it had some alrernate applications.

Back
Top Bottom