BCB 77gr OTM

MetalgodZ

NES Member
Need to get my hands on a small quantity to test in a rifle. It's available online, but I don't want to buy a case or more yet, and it seems silly to pay the same cost in shipping as the cost of the ammo itself.

Anyone know of this stuff available in any LGS in the northeast? I do a whole lot of driving, and anything other than the northern halves of NH, VT, and ME are fair game.

Did you mean CBC by Magtech? If so I haven't seen it locally at all. I too am interested in testing some Mk262 clone ammo. If anyone has any range tests I'd love to hear the results

Did you mean CBC by Magtech? If so I haven't seen it locally at all. I too am interested in testing some Mk262 clone ammo. If anyone has any range tests I'd love to hear the results

The 77 grain Sierra Match King (the same bullet used in mk262 from what I've heard) is widely used by successful competitive high-power shooters. It's a good bullet, at least from an accuracy perspective.

Israeli (IMI) "razor core" ammo is a pretty close match to mk262 and is offered by some of the more well-known online vendors. Any dealer should be able to order it if they don't stock it.

At 1$ plus per round your hunt will be long other than buy online. IMI brand has been the lowest price I have seen (.75 per rnd) but unsure if they are using the sierra MK bullet. I believe they do ?
When you do find some post your results.

I mean this: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/cbc-5-56mm-nato-77gr-otm-hpbt-ammunition-50rds-cbc556c.html (They don't ship to MA.)
cbc_556c.jpg

The 77 grain Sierra Match King (the same bullet used in mk262 from what I've heard) is widely used by successful competitive high-power shooters. It's a good bullet, at least from an accuracy perspective.

Israeli (IMI) "razor core" ammo is a pretty close match to mk262 and is offered by some of the more well-known online vendors. Any dealer should be able to order it if they don't stock it.
I'm not familiar with it, but it looks to be pretty much the same. I'll keep an eye out for it online, but I'd also be interested in getting a small quantity of it to test prior to ordering a bunch.
At 1$ plus per round your hunt will be long other than buy online. IMI brand has been the lowest price I have seen (.75 per rnd) but unsure if they are using the sierra MK bullet. I believe they do ?
When you do find some post your results.
I've found plenty of results online, including many I can't post. No problem paying $1/rd for a box or two just to see what the primary .223/5.56 rifle I intend it for will do with it.

The end goal is to slowly burn up the large amount of 55gr non-M193 stuff I have while replacing it with significantly better quality stuff. All of it (Federal, Fiocchi, Remington) was purchased either in bulk packs or in other unsealed containers, and sitting in a dry, relatively temperature-controlled basement has left the stuff all corroded. I'm getting reliability issues (failure to ignite on some light strikes with a couple of rifles) and marginally acceptable accuracy (3-4MOA dispersion difference between it and various better loads out of three different rifles) out of it, and it's time to get some better stuff squirreled away.

The reviews I've seen of the CBC stuff look very good, and I think all of the rifles I've got in .223/5.56 are going to stabilize the 77gr bullet just fine. I'm not worried about 18" of 1:8 on the AR, or 26" of 1:9 on the bolt gun, but the 1:9 16" on the DPMS is iffy...Worst case, it already probably needs replacement.

For what it's worth the 77 grain Nosler Custom Competition bullet is pretty much an exact clone of the Match King. If you held the two side by side I don't think you could tell which was which. Might open up your search a bit.

Also check out Black Hills. Supposedly they were one of the original manufactures of mk262, and they've made it available to the public in the past. (Not sure if they still offer it.)

I recently purchased similar ammo made by IMI. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but if the snow ever melts and I'm able to get to the range I'm happy to do a quick write up. As far as CBC ammo, I have shot about 1000 rounds of it in both 55gr. and 62gr. and it is good stuff, at least for relatively cheap, non-match, mil. surp. ammo. I've found it to be accurate and reliable out of a variety of AR's.

This might be a sort of douchey answer, but if it's for accuracy shooting why not just get the real MK262 Mod 1 stuff from Black Hills. I imagine that's going to be easier (ish) to find if a bit more money. All my defense mags are loaded with MK262 Mod 1. My AR will put them in a 2" circle at 200 yards using a red dot (not precise).

If you can't find it in a store maybe call up a friend over the boarder? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom