• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bear Creek Arsenal

JDL

NES Member
Bear Creek Arsonal is no longer shipping FFL items to FFL's in Massachusetts. I went to order a complete receiver to ship to my FFL dealer and found out they are no longer shipping FFL items to Massachusetts. It seems they will still ship non-ffl item to you personal address though. It is really getting to be a problem in this state.

Bear Creek Arsonal is no longer shipping FFL items to FFL's in Massachusetts. I went to order a complete receiver to ship to my FFL dealer and found out they are no longer shipping FFL items to Massachusetts. It seems they will still ship non-ffl item to you personal address though. It is really getting to be a problem in this state.
Sounds like you need an FFL with addresses in NH and MA.
I wonder where you could find one….

AR15 is still shipping.
I am not at a loss at finding a lower.
I just wanted to pass along the info, because this has only happend in the last few weeks. It seems that the pending legislation is starting an early move on these venders to shut Massachusetts out of everything. This hasn't even become law yet and we are already feeling the pinch.

Bear Creek Arsonal is no longer shipping FFL items to FFL's in Massachusetts
i do not think it is new, same as with aero and a ton of other manufacturers who also sell direct.
most resellers will still ship to MA FFLs fine. you need to shop around.

i do not think it is new, same as with aero and a ton of other manufacturers who also sell direct.
most resellers will still ship to MA FFLs fine. you need to shop around.
Yes this is new for BCA this only happened in the last few weeks. AR15 is still good to go though, so I am all set except the FFl I have used in the past just upped there transfer fee on receivers to $50.00 ea. Maybe it is time to find another FFL unfortuntly the Mill is about 1hr. 45min from me. The savings in transfer fee's would be used up in fuel and time.

Last edited:
Yes this is new for BCA this only happened in the last few weeks. AR15 is still good to go though, so I am all set except the FFl I have used in the past just upped there transfer fee on receivers to $50.00 ea. Maybe it is time to find another FFL unfortuntly the Mill is about 1hr. 45min from me. The savings in transfer fee's would be used up in fuel and time.
I dunno, I think I tried to by direct from them in 2021 and it was rejected but I may be wrong

Literally the worst AR brand on the planet. They are doing you a favor by not shipping. Hopefully they will take the next step and refuse to ship anything here.
They are quite a lottery quality wise and QA is nonexistent. But if somehow all dimensions were milled correctly, it will work. I have .22lr from them and it cycles.

Oh no, no bear creek to mass. What will we ever do?

I am probably one of the cheapest a**h***s out there, I won't even buy their stuff.
Buddy bought two uppers from them. Seems happy. But I suspect he has not shot them yet…

I should hit the range with him when he does to see if they work ok.

I’m curious

I'll admit it. I bought a 16" .300 BLK upper with bcg/ch from them last year for $170 and it's been a good shooter. The gas block was loose upon arrival but that was an easy fix. I have only put a few boxes of ammo through it but it runs good and is pretty accurate. That said, I wouldn't want to need it for a defensive situation but for a range toy or hunting, no problem. I figured for the price I'd try one and I would say it is worth what I paid, but then again I would probably add a little $$ and step up to something a little better if I were to do it again.

lol.

Well known member here (that you have met) brought his son and his friend. They built an AR from scratch and did just that!!!

I was there laughing.

No issues! But I get it. lol.
I have a good time poking fun, even at Poverty Ponies of which I have a few. Seems like most budget stuff can be quite serviceable.

I’ve got several thousand rounds through my BCA x39 and 5.56 SBR uppers without any issues. I’ve broken several x39 extractors (both BCA and WMD) but that’s not a BCA issue. Just common with that caliber in ARs
I will say I’ve changed out the x39 barrel and gas block only because I wanted a lighter profile barrel.
They’re just range toys.

I have a BCA Upper in 300 blackout. Haven't tried to shoot it yet. It was ordered by accident. They have an A+ rating with the better business bureau. What could possibly go wrong?

The problem is there are not many out there that have 450 Bushmaster parts available.
Strike 2. The reason that few places have 450 BUSHMASTER is because BUSHMASTER. Its proprietary to Bushmaster and you have to get a license from them to make 450 Bushmaster specific components. Not everyone wants to pay the tax for no clear advantage in the caliber wars.

458 SOCOM as a result is a much better way to go. LOTS of manufacturers make 458 SOCOM parts.

When I build 458 rifles I use the Aero Ar15 XL Assembled Upper (upper with small parts installed) and buy the Wilson Combat 458 Build Kit (Barrel, adj gas block and tube, bcg, muzzle brake, buffer spring)

Strike 2. The reason that few places have 450 BUSHMASTER is because BUSHMASTER. Its proprietary to Bushmaster and you have to get a license from them to make 450 Bushmaster specific components. Not everyone wants to pay the tax for no clear advantage in the caliber wars.

458 SOCOM as a result is a much better way to go. LOTS of manufacturers make 458 SOCOM parts.

When I build 458 rifles I use the Aero Ar15 XL Assembled Upper (upper with small parts installed) and buy the Wilson Combat 458 Build Kit (Barrel, adj gas block and tube, bcg, muzzle brake, buffer spring)
Good for you. 450 Bushmaster ammo is half the price of 458, and just for a messing around range gun, it makes sense to me. I don't hunt, so this is not a need to have a firearm that will put food on my table. I will follow my quest and do a 450 Bushmaster. Thank you for the additional information on these calibers. You must really be an authority on these and you have enlightend me.

Back
Top Bottom