• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bell AH-1 'Huey Cobra 'Jock' awarded MOH for actions 55 years ago

U.S. Army Captain Larry Taylor becomes emotional, after being awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions during the Vietnam War on June 18, 1968, in a ceremony in the East Room of the White House in Washington, D.C. Photo by Bonnie Cash/UPI

This Cobra Pilot deserves the Medal of Honor - CherriesWriter - Vietnam ...

1. He though he was at the State of the Union address where everyone stands and claps for him, which was his cue to leave.
2. Was about to shit himself!
3. Like his predecessor Bo Hussein, he hates the military, he hates the country, and he had enough of this dog and pony show for the day, in his feeble mind!
4. He knew it was naptime and didn't want to be late.
5. He did shit himself

Last edited:
Balls of steel. Imagine hanging onto landing gear and weapons pods to get out of that firefight !
Maybe based on Capt Taylor's event, but they train for it now:

Early on in OEF, several SF soldiers sat on the open bay doors of a Marine AH-1 Cobra.

They weren't under fire, but used the aircraft as an expedient way to maneuver to a higher elevation.

My Google Fu failed me after a quick search looking for a reference, but I remember seeing the photo and reading the article.

Sometime after the war, it was revealed the Commanding General of the 5th ARVN Division, Mekong Delta, was an NVA agent. I don’t blame the poor bastards, I’d wanted to get the hell out too, but at the time we had orders to stomp on the fingers, a few times after he fell backwards in the LZ backwards the rifle would come up towards the ship. Well, it was M-60 vs M2 carbine…. short burst, then xin loi ARVN buddy

Back
Top Bottom