• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

56 years ago the TET-68 Offensive kicked off

I'm sitting here tonight after another week of chemo, and read this thread.........
Now I can't get the memories out of my mind.............
56 years ago I woke up in the Hospital in Japan after getting Medevac'd.....and a few days later went to Fitzimmons Hospital in Colorado.
I always tried to just remember the good parts of those many years ago. I had forgotten all those nights after another surgery, and not being able to sleep because
of the pain. Begging the nurse for more pain meds, and being told I "just had to suck it up and get used to it!"
I developed a real tolerance for pain that year, but it didn't prepare me for what is happening to my body now.
I remember when Depicts told me he was diagnosed with end stage Lung Cancer, and that he decided not to get treated.
Now I wonder if he was wrong or right in his decision.
I am fighting Leukemia, and this isn't the first time. I went through Chemo back in 1998 and it kept me in remission for almost 20 years. The treatments have
advanced, and this time I hope to buy more time. I hate it, but my kids won't let me give up, (much as I would like to sometimes.)
But I still tell the doctors the same thing......"A million commie bastards In Vietnam could't kill me, and I am not going to let a few bad cells in my body do it!"

I'm sitting here tonight after another week of chemo, and read this thread.........
56 years ago I woke up in the Hospital in Japan after getting Medevac'd.....and a few days later went to Fitzimmons Hospital in Colorado.
I always tried to just remember the good parts of those many years ago. I had forgotten all those nights after another surgery, and not being able to sleep because
of the pain. Begging the nurse for more pain meds, and being told I "just had to suck it up and get used to it!"
I developed a real tolerance for pain that year, but it didn't prepare me for what is happening to my body now.
I remember when Depicts told me he was diagnosed with end stage Lung Cancer, and that he decided not to get treated.
I am fighting Leukemia, and this isn't the first time. I went through Chemo back in 1998 and it kept me in remission for almost 20 years. The treatments have
advanced, and this time I hope to buy more time. I hate it, but my kids won't let me give up, (much as I would like to sometimes.)
But I still tell the doctors the same thing......"A million commie bastards In Vietnam could't kill me, and I am not going to let a few bad cells in my body do it!"
🙏

Glad to see you posting Sky. Keep fighting the good fight. You'll keep fighting the good fight because there's no quit in you. You made it through Nam and you'll make it through this. You always make it through.
I'm praying for you brother.

Back
Top Bottom