black powder GUN storage requirements?

Hi all,

Are there any legal requirements in MA for storing a black powder rifle or handgun? (assuming not loaded) Can I just lean one in the corner, or must I lock it up somehow?

Please note that I am not seeking things that would be a "good idea", just want to know what the law requires.

Thanks!

Bob

No requirements since they are not considered "long guns or firearms" in MA. If you want, you can hang one on the wall just like at the State House. With the changes in the law (or policy, I don't remember which it was) last November now primitive rifles and shotguns are now considered "unloaded" if you just pull the flash powder from the pan or primer from the nipple. There is no requirement to pull the bullet and charge from the barrel.

With the black powder pistols the laws a big jumble of mess. Anyone can possess one, but you cannot transport or carry it with out a LTC. This is the opposite for the requirements for the black power itself, where you need at least an FID card to purchase but not to possess or transport.

Back
Top Bottom