black talon ammo in the news lol

I was cleaning up during my last visit back to NJ and found a pile of our old duty ammo which was Black Talon. Little did I know it would be a collector's item years later.

"I think it's pretty surprising just because the science students I know are fairly professional," said Barbara Janiak. "We're an ethical group of aspiring scientists."
And the sheeple bleat goes on.......

In other news, the Indy news chicky-snack is a hottie.

ind-wrtvhouseads-300x250-57972-09062007-831.jpg

I dont know if it is true or not but I remember reading something about Black Talon that stated it was no more devastating than many of the hollowpoints on the market.

I dont know if it is true or not but I remember reading something about Black Talon that stated it was no more devastating than many of the hollowpoints on the market.
It's not, the black coating made people think it was Teflon coated "cop killer" ammo. Ranger SXT I believe is the exact same bullet with no black coating. The black coating was merely a marketing gimmick.

It's amazing how many people STILL think a coating of Teflon makes any bullet unstoppable.

I also read that the shape of the nose of the bullet also caused the jacket to mushroom in a fashion that alarmed medical professionals. Apparently they asked that the design be altered slightly because of the sharp edges caused by the way it mushroomed. They were afraid that doctors removing the bullets from patients could have their gloves and skin cut by those edges.

For what it's worth Wiki Link.

We bought it because W-W had the state contract. No one cared about the color of the bullet itself. Fortunately we never had any reason to try them out in the real world. However they did function flawlessly in our S&W autos.

Y'know, with all the stories about some idiot getting arrested because the "hit man" they hired was an undercover cop, it's amazing to me that people still try to hire one! I mean, really! Who's going to risk a life jail sentence for $3K?

If she had the gun and the ammo, why didn't she pop him herself?

Y'know, with all the stories about some idiot getting arrested because the "hit man" they hired was an undercover cop, it's amazing to me that people still try to hire one! I mean, really! Who's going to risk a life jail sentence for $3K?

If she had the gun and the ammo, why didn't she pop him herself?

There stupid why else would they try lol. The Ranger-T line is the same as the old black talons just newer and without the black finish on them.

Most of it is just urban legend. IIRC the new Winchester Rangers have been further tweaked to be even better than their talon predasessor. And most high-end JHP defensive ammo uses the same "talon effect" for effectivness.

good article here on the myths
http://www.thegunzone.com/black-talon.html

Back
Top Bottom