• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Block gen 5

It's coming. Tougher finish, longer recoil spring Assy, no finger groves and more. Ppl on Glerk talk already ordered some. $476 on their receipt.
I can already promise you, it'll look like a Glock.

There is a pic on glock talk.

There is something different about the mags. Not sure if backward compatibility. If you can only run new mags in a gen 5- it's worthless in Massachusetts.

Older glocks can hold 17 rounds in a pre ban mag.

If there are new mags, only 10 rounders are legal in Massachusetts.

Too bad it does not have finger grooves.

There might be an official announcement on august 26th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They futzed with those ambi mags a few years ago. What a disaster they were. Old magazines wouldn't seat at all. I can't see them making that same mistake again. (Making a magazine/mag-release that won't accept older magazines.)

I jumped from early Gen2's to Gen4 in my arsenal. There wasn't sufficient need for anything in between. In fact, I wanna say that the only Gen4's I have are guns you can't buy in Gen2. I think. I'm overGlocked in any case so a new generation isn't gonna help me much.

Meh, kinda cool. I like the ambi slide release it looks like it'll have but not much else stirs me. It's basically equivalent to all the other plastic pistols out there. The gen 2s and gen 3s and gen 4s will basically be the same. I'd be more excited about a new model, whenever that will be. How about adding a rail to the 26/27? Or a larger single stack pistol? Or a carbine?

Better half loves the older gen 2 w/o the finger groves. I've got big monkey hands and love the large frame 10/45 gen4 frames. Perfect outa the box. And I agree. Lack of preban mags is a deal breaker.

Lack of preban mags is a deal breaker.
For me this this really the thing that sets the Glock apart from basically all the other plastic pistols. Don't misinterpret this: I like Glock a lot, but it's pretty close to the sig 320, vp9, MP etc, but takes prebans.

At leas you got the thread title right

LOL, here we go again... [rofl]

I've been contemplating another "Your gun sucks" thread, but in order for it to work you have to have, like a "pièce de résistance" type of thing to start it off otherwise it doesn't work. The recent debacle with the P320 will add some extraflavor as well. You can't just simply gore the oxes, you have to gore the oxes and stack them like ****ing cordwood. [laugh]

-Mike

For me this this really the thing that sets the Glock apart from basically all the other plastic pistols. Don't misinterpret this: I like Glock a lot, but it's pretty close to the sig 320, vp9, MP etc, but takes prebans.

Well, theres another big thing that sets Glock apart.

Glock doesn't make school buses. Every direct competitor to glock makes a pistol that is either fatter or heavier than their guns are. Like for example, even to this day, 20 something? years later, NOT EVEN ONE manufacturer has come up with a handgun that will directly compete with a Glock 19 on those attributes. There are some that come close, but don't meet or exceed the established metric. Even the P320 I have, its almost there, but it's still significantly heavier and slightly fatter. The only gun that I've ever seen that truly competed with the G19 was the Caracal mid-sized gun before they recalled it. (It'll be interesting to see if they reintroduce it).

-Mike

I'm going to sound like a fanboy on this post, but to qualify my statement, in the dozen or so Glocks I've owned 1/3 of them have had problems. That being said, Ive had a 320, VP9, PPQ, M&P's, Canik's, and SR series guns among other striker fired pistols and for *overall* accuracy, dependability, magazine price and availability, holster selection, ability to rapid fire precise shots (shot placement) comfort, ease of maintenance and new shooter training, you cannot beat the Glock platform.

Flame on.

At least Glocks will stack well without falling all over themselves.

[rofl2]

This wins the internet today!!!!

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, here we go again... [rofl]

I've been contemplating another "Your gun sucks" thread, but in order for it to work you have to have, like a "pièce de résistance" type of thing to start it off otherwise it doesn't work. The recent debacle with the P320 will add some extraflavor as well. You can't just simply gore the oxes, you have to gore the oxes and stack them like ****ing cordwood. [laugh]

-Mike

I never said Glocks suck. I'm commenting on the aesthetics alone. [smile]

I never said Glocks suck. I'm commenting on the aesthetics alone. [smile]

Same difference. I find it laughable that people even consider aesthetics on polymer framed handgun. I mean there's some obvious retard designs like a Shit Point or a Taurus Curve, but I don't find most handguns to be hideously ugly, not even a Glock.

-Mike

"Utilitarian" and there is something beautiful about a design with no wasted space or superfluous curves.

Same difference. I find it laughable that people even consider aesthetics on polymer framed handgun. I mean there's some obvious retard designs like a Shit Point or a Taurus Curve, but I don't find most handguns to be hideously ugly, not even a Glock.

-Mike

You are really picking nits today.

Are they on the list yet?
Cause we cant buy anything not on the list.
Does anyone know when the new list comes out?
PS - List.

Glock doesn't make school buses. Every direct competitor to glock makes a pistol that is either fatter or heavier than their guns are. Like for example, even to this day, 20 something? years later, NOT EVEN ONE manufacturer has come up with a handgun that will directly compete with a Glock 19 on those attributes. There are some that come close, but don't meet or exceed the established metric. Even the P320 I have, its almost there, but it's still significantly heavier and slightly fatter. The only gun that I've ever seen that truly competed with the G19 was the Caracal mid-sized gun before they recalled it. (It'll be interesting to see if they reintroduce it).

-Mike
Completely agree with this. The G17 dimensions are superior to the P320. The only other pistol I found that has a 1.18" width is the M&P, but even the height is 1/10" taller than the glock (if you wanna get technical). Also agree that to have a pistol in the 80's with attributes like that must've been mindblowing.

I'm going to sound like a fanboy on this post, but to qualify my statement, in the dozen or so Glocks I've owned 1/3 of them have had problems. That being said, Ive had a 320, VP9, PPQ, M&P's, Canik's, and SR series guns among other striker fired pistols and for *overall* accuracy, dependability, magazine price and availability, holster selection, ability to rapid fire precise shots (shot placement) comfort, ease of maintenance and new shooter training, you cannot beat the Glock platform.

Flame on.

Problems like what??? Are we talking you owned a lot of those problem-recoil-spring guns??? I've owned probably close to a dozen Glocks in the last 2 decades. Never had an issue with any of them. Also went to a 3-day SIG School class. 20 or so shooters. A bit less than half had some sort of Glock. 1911's, SIG's, Beretta's. They all failed. Not one Glock failed. It was impressive, to say the least. (OK, I had one FTF - bad range ammo.)

Should I sell my Gen 4s now for $1,000 each or sell them for $995 after the Gen 5s are released?

No, you should sell them for 1500 after the Gen5 comes out, because now they're rarer, more collectible and "not complete shit like the new generation". [wink]

-Mike

CZ P10c? Think the grip is longer, otherwise same size and better built.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you should sell them for 1500 after the Gen5 comes out, because now they're rarer, more collectible and "not complete shit like the new generation". [wink]

Sell it for $650 like I did, why screw fellow NESers?

Back
Top Bottom