• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bore Snakes

Hey guys,

Just wodering who makes a good quality bore snake. I need one for my Walther P22 and Mossberg 500.

Thanks

as far as i know, Hoppe's is the only company that makes a "boresnake" per se.

www.hoppes.com

i have a few boresnakes. they arent (by any means) a replacement for a thorough cleaning, but they work well if you shoot a lot of lead bullets (like i do), and plan on sending a LOT of lead downrange. a quirk squirt of your favorite bore cleaner, and pull it through.

I have Hoppes and love them. I must admit, that they do make me a twinge nervous. I worry that the thing is going to break when it's in my barrel. I've been kicking around an Otis System. We have them at Dicks and I can get one for about $30.00 with my discount...We also carry the Hoppes Boresnakes...

Cheaper than Dirt sells a cheap imitation of a Boresnake - theirs has 2 pullthroughs, one with just a brush, the other with the woven piece. It works as well as a real Boresnake, but having the 2 pieces gets annoying pretty fast.

I'd stick with the real Boresnake, or buy an Otis kit.

I have a Hoppes Boresnake for every caliber and love em. They simply work.

I wish they would put the caliber on the snake. I haven't pulled out more than one of them because I don't want to get the similar ones mixed up. I have to build a small rack with labels and hang it up somewhere first. [slap]

Back
Top Bottom