• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Boat Show

I haven't picked a day yet. I know I have to do Disney on Ice with the girls I think on the 18th, so I'm sure I won't be there that day....

yup...that's the worst part of the boat show...

it's at the convention center in boston. it's supposed to be better than the show at the bayside.

I'm going on the 17th and planning to get there between 4:30 and 5:00. My cousin is getting me discount tickets from her work for $5.00 each as compared top the $12.00 I'd have to pay at the door. SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Well....went to the boat show. It was in Boston at the new convention center as oppose to the Bayside Expo as it's been in years past.

Overall I though it was nice. But they fancied it up quit a bit more than it was when it was at the expo. Some displays, ie: the Russo Marine SeaRay are, I felt like I needed suit and tie to get in.

But, being me and they type od poeple I assosiciate with we really didn't care.

A couple of things I did have an issue with....

1. We were asked at almost every boat vendor to remove our shoes and wear socks only on board. Well, in the past boat shoes were always welcome. I mean...they are boats we are looking at. For the oney they charge for boats and admission to the event I think they could lay a carpet on the deck and not inconvenience potential customers.

So I boarde one boat and i left my shoes on...boat shoes, docksides, whaterver you want to call them...this sales woman tried to embarrass me in front of a large groupe of people about wearing my shoes on this $300,000.00 boat. So I told her if a boat cost that much it should be able to handle a pair of "boat" shoes on deck and if it couldn't that I would not buy it. zEveryone laughed. Ii took my shoes off and looked at the boat. It wasn't that impressive.

2. Aluminum boats...long sotry short because I'm going to create a new thread about this.

They shot the hull, a display piece, with supposedly a .45. It dented the hull but did not penetrate. They were using this to show the strength of the design. Then they showed another hole and were passing it off as an armor piercing round. It looked about the size of a 45 but it had raised edges on both sides of the hole. I was suspect that they used an armor piercing round to creat that hole. I would assume that the entry would be dented or formed to into the hole and the exit would have the raised edge.

Otherwise, show was great. I picked up another 9'er rig and we had a really good time.

Oh, nobody was giving out tide charts and the candy was sparce. I only managed three tootsie rolls the hole night.

16 oz. beers int he aluminum cans...bud and bud lite or wine. Beer was $5.50.

I went yesterday with the wife, mom and dad. My Dad and I love this show. We were there for about 4 hours looking over all the boats. The convention center is huge with hundreds of boats of all sizes. I especially liked the large sailing and power yachts. They've always asked to take your shoes off, so we were ready for that. Just wore loose sneakers that were easy to put on and off. Hell, my Dad just walked around in his socks all day. It was a great time. One thing that isn't so fun is finding parking around there. We finally just paid $20 to valet park the car. Otherwise we'd have to walk a mile after parking at one of the remote lots. To far for my Dad.

Oh and as soon as I come into some money, I'll be buying a Crownline 340 CR. http://www.crownline.com/models/models.php?model=340_cr

Or maybe a Hunter 44.http://www.huntermarine.com/Models/44DS/44DSIndex.html

Right after I win the lottery. [smile]

You should have told her that your $1.4 Marquis can handle boatshoes.... or just to simply, "Kiss my aft lady". [smile]

They shot the hull, a display piece, with supposedly a .45. It dented the hull but did not penetrate. They were using this to show the strength of the design. Then they showed another hole and were passing it off as an armor piercing round. It looked about the size of a 45 but it had raised edges on both sides of the hole. I was suspect that they used an armor piercing round to creat that hole. I would assume that the entry would be dented or formed to into the hole and the exit would have the raised edge.

We're you carrying at the time?

*pulls out CCW* "May I please try?"[smile]

Anyway, I was there yesterday. It was an awesome show. Really crowded, though. [hmmm]

Last edited:
You should have told her that your $1.4 Marquis can handle boatshoes.... or just to simply, "Kiss my aft lady". [smile]

lol...I wish I thought of saying that.

We're you carrying at the time?

*pulls out CCW* "May I please try?"[smile]

Nope...wasn't carrying. Would have been funny to see the look on his face if I did that though...lol

Anyway, I was there yesterday. It was an awesome show. Really crowded, though. [hmmm]

It was a good show...but it wasn't crowded on Saturday evening. I mean we closed the place. We were there for about 4 hour from 5 to 9. I wasn't sure what kind of crowds they would get based on that and every year previous it was mobbed. I'm glad it was crowded and just read the same thing in the paper.

My 4 year old wants to go so I might "bite the bullet" so to speak and take them to the show. I think they'll have fun. I won't stay too long with them though. They'll melt to easlily. I'm thinking I might go tonight after work...

Back
Top Bottom