Boston globe Mill article

Iā€™m not sure this talk about broken ā€œearsā€
Unless youā€™re talking about where the trigger guard goes. And who needs that anyway itā€™s just a reactive trigger it just doesnā€™t trigger the way you want to

I wouldn't call her a reporter.

A reporter would have listed facts and allow the reader to make a desicion.

The way she wrote a lot of it, it was clearly written to elicit an emotion from the stupid people.
It was an OP ED disguised as a news article

Isn't that true of just about all the Boston Globe articles?
Yes, in my humble opinion.

I'll comment that the editors MANGLE all articles. That's first hand experience. Close to half a century ago I worked for the Telegram and I got more angry calls from people that said "I NEVER SAID THAT! RETRACT IT!"

I know. But they (the editors) never listened. In fact I suspect they delighted in screwing up the stories...

yeah. I learned about shitty reporting the hard way too.. 20 yrs ago, I was on Attleboro Conservation Commission.. after one relatively contentious meeting, I had had enough and resigned, along with at least one other member. Not only was I done with the bullshit of the con-com, but we found out we were having our 2nd kid, and I really needed more home time.

well next day, I got a call for a comment from a reporter, no thanks.. Then a few days later local Sun Comical reporter makes up all this shit about why I resigned, about the board being in disarray, infighting, etc... Literally, ALL MADE UP.. f***ing bastard.

I sent a letter the next day to the editor saying to print my side of the story, exactly as sent. It was.. That's how most of my friends found out we were expecting our 2nd kid, LOL

yeah. I learned about shitty reporting the hard way too.. 20 yrs ago, I was on Attleboro Conservation Commission.. after one relatively contentious meeting, I had had enough and resigned, along with at least one other member. Not only was I done with the bullshit of the con-com, but we found out we were having our 2nd kid, and I really needed more home time.

well next day, I got a call for a comment from a reporter, no thanks.. Then a few days later local Sun Comical reporter makes up all this shit about why I resigned, about the board being in disarray, infighting, etc... Literally, ALL MADE UP.. f***ing bastard.

I sent a letter the next day to the editor saying to print my side of the story, exactly as sent. It was.. That's how most of my friends found out we were expecting our 2nd kid, LOL
I'm not surprised one bit.

Unless you work for Breitbart, FOX, Epoch Times, NY Post, etc. unbiased reporting is dead. College journalism Professors are overwhelmingly Leftists who have an agenda, sad but true. R
Recent Masslive headline story,
"After a summer of racist activity, a look at Patriot Front and it's local Leaders".

"Ma. has become a hotbed of organized hate group and white supremacist activity, following a summer when white supremacist group Patriot Front marched thru the streets of Boston on the 4th of July, and scores of incidents of racist activity have taken place across the State".

Really? Where were the riots? The looting and burning of downtown businesses? The threats and intimidation of reporters and the media? Attacks on Law Enforcement?
Oh right, THERE WERE NO INCIDENTS OF VIOLENCE, unlike the Left's "SUMMER OF LOVE"

Unless you work for Breitbart, FOX, Epoch Times, NY Post, etc. unbiased reporting is dead. College journalism Professors are overwhelmingly Leftists who have an agenda, sad but true. R
Recent Masslive headline story,
"After a summer of racist activity, a look at Patriot Front and it's local Leaders".

"Ma. has become a hotbed of organized hate group and white supremacist activity, following a summer when white supremacist group Patriot Front marched thru the streets of Boston on the 4th of July, and scores of incidents of racist activity have taken place across the State".

Really? Where were the riots? The looting and burning of downtown businesses? The threats and intimidation of reporters and the media? Attacks on Law Enforcement?
Oh right, THERE WERE NO INCIDENTS OF VIOLENCE, unlike the Left's "SUMMER OF LOVE"
Probably all occurred on Marthaā€™s Vineyard.

Yes, in my humble opinion.

I'll comment that the editors MANGLE all articles. That's first hand experience. Close to half a century ago I worked for the Telegram and I got more angry calls from people that said "I NEVER SAID THAT! RETRACT IT!"

I know. But they (the editors) never listened. In fact I suspect they delighted in screwing up the stories...
I worked for a fire chief who would not permit an article to be printed in the local paper about the FD unless he proof read it first.
They mangled more titles, names and events. One reporter was so bad covering planning board meetings I had to ask myself if he was even in the same room as I was for the hearings.
Unbelievable.

For what it's worth...
According to my typically uninformed second hand source, there's some local social media (nextdoor?) activity by the pearl clutching busybodies to rid Littleton of ffl's at the mill.
The current strategy seems to be "going after" the "cluster shops"...

How can you guys have any of this stuff? Didn't Maura ban all of them unless they are pre-ban? Which means double or triple the normal prices?

I'd love an AR, but am not willing to pay the money for a preban. Which is probably what Maura wants.
pin and weld muzzle brake, no bayonet lug, no adjustable stock. what else am I missing?

ooooh, what if we put a tab in the "grenade launcher" to it'll never be able to launch a grenade but can still take a hornets nest? asking for a friend in a free state. Hi Maura.

Last complete rifle I bought was a BCM Reece 16, paid about 20% above MSRP which is pretty typical mark up for anything in MA.

As has been beaten to death here, Maura didnā€™t change any laws, she publicly declared an opinion and lots of people knee jerked into cowering over itā€¦ pretty pathetic

I worked for a fire chief who would not permit an article to be printed in the local paper about the FD unless he proof read it first.
They mangled more titles, names and events. One reporter was so bad covering planning board meetings I had to ask myself if he was even in the same room as I was for the hearings.
Unbelievable.
Oh I'm not holding the reporter harmless.

But sometimes it's the editors...

Just happened to see this "article" posted on MSN from Harry Bartnick of Beverly as a follow-up to the Mill globe article... :rolleyes:

Rather than splitting hairs over the distinction between selling a completely assembled assault rifle vs. selling parts of one, why not adhere to the entirety of the Second Amendment to the Constitution: ā€œA well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringedā€?

A militia, by definition, is a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency. Therefore, every application for a permit to own a military-style gun should contain these three questions:

What is the name of the militia that you are a member of?

What is the name of the state that your militia is sanctioned by?

What is your rank in that militia?

Not a member of a well-regulated militia? Sorry, no assault rifle.

One wonders what part of ā€œwell-regulated militiaā€ is it that our ā€œoriginalistsā€ donā€™t understand?

Harry Bartnick

Beverly

Back
Top Bottom