"Boston Target"

It's 12x18. If you can shoot reasonably well, you can't fail their silly range test.

It's basically a big piece of cardboard with a vertically aligned oval shaped set of rings, that is 12 inches wide and 18 inches tall. Two inches between each ring horizontally, IIRC. I used some similiarly sized targets I found at FS to practice.

Last edited:
Four Seasons sells them (www.fsguns.com). Woburn, at Winn St. It's the center of a much larger target. The lowest scoring ring is an 8.

Yeah, that's where I got the ones I used to practice. They were black paper instead of the white cardboard they used for my test but otherwise the same size.

vellnueve, could you check your targets and post the target name/identifier here? I've had difficulty determining exactly which target they use.

There's no identifier. It's a 12" x 18" sheet of black paper with 3 very large rings sold at FS. I've never seen them for sale anywhere else. Packs of 100 I think.

I'll take a picture of one when I have time

There's no identifier. It's a 12" x 18" sheet of black paper with 3 very large rings sold at FS. I've never seen them for sale anywhere else. Packs of 100 I think.

I'll take a picture of one when I have time

It sounds like it may be a repair center for a B-27 target.

Just got home from the moon island range test. Folks were some of the friendliest cops I have ever met. Anyhow, here is a picture of the target used at moon island and on top of it folded in half is a B-27C target for comparison. The actual measurements of the part of the target that you're supposed to hit are 16 1/4" tall x 11 3/4" wide. The outer rings of the B-27C target is slightly longer by 1 1/2" and has the same width. I believe the B-27C is a repair insert for the B-27 target.

Regards,
K

BT.jpg

From what I remember, I missed with one shot low because I yanked the trigger a little hard in DA, but after that I lost 6-8 points on the other 29 shots.

Back
Top Bottom