Brass looking kind of "broken in"

I've been reloading since February. Some of my .45ACP brass has been reloaded four or five times. The rim is starting to look "worn out" but still functions perfectly. Should this be a concern? I've heard of some guys who say that you can only reload a case a few times; others say they have been reloading the same brass for 20 years. My loads are very light 4.6 of 231 for a 200g swc.

Yeah.. those are light loads. You can probably get many more out of your cases. I usually just discard the real ugly ones though... ones with dings or big scratches... or if the inside is black and the night skies.

I can't read the headstamp on some of my .45 ACP brass. If you don't want it, I'l take it.

Jim it says .45 not 10mm. I am not fussy about how the case looks, I just want it to continue functioning properly and safely in my pistol. And yes, my .45 load is, light, and, after working it out, the minimum to operate the slide on my 1911.

Unless the rims are dented where they won't fit behind the extractor, the walls are split or the primer pockets are too loose to hold a primer securely you can continue to reload your .45 brass, particularly with the light loads you are making.

Shoot it till it splits! I too, have .45ACP brass that the headstamp is worn off of. The only exception is if you're shooting it in a revolver.

Back
Top Bottom