• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

free brass

it is amazing how you get it all every time - i get there not so often now, but i never find anything there in the morning. :)
and i am all set, need to go through piles under my table first before getting more. or probably could use some .223, later in the winter.

Someone grab this, if you shoot 7.7 Japanese, 7.65 Argentine or other convertible calibers. It's easy enough to form it into any of these calibers. .270 Winchester seems to be an unloved caliber in New England.

So you're the guy who's whoring all the brass. lol.

More power to you--so long as you don't sell it for scrap. THOSE guys piss me off.

If you've got a coupla thousand 5.56 you'd be looking to get rid of reasonably, I know a couple new AR owners at Harvard who need some brass.

There are guys who come to Harvard only to take all the brass. They don't even shoot. I pick up brass when I'm there shooting and can't give it away. There must be a lot of wealthy shooters at Harvard.

So you're the guy who's whoring all the brass. lol.

More power to you--so long as you don't sell it for scrap. THOSE guys piss me off.

If you've got a coupla thousand 5.56 you'd be looking to get rid of reasonably, I know a couple new AR owners at Harvard who need some brass.
Me? No. I use every scrap until it's whittled down to scrap metal.
.308 Winchester gets trimmed to .44 Auto Mag then .45 Shotshell, then scrap bucket.
I don't shoot .223 Remington, but that can be turned into 7.62x25mm when it cracks at the mouth/shoulder area.
As there seems to be little interest in shooting in CT, there's little need/demand for brass.

Heck, I rarely toss empty .22 LRs, but fill them with lead for sabot rounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I reload GP-11 brass (which is first rate), but finding Berdan primers for that purpose is sometimes a trial. Jumped at the chance to buy a couple thousand from an online estate auction last summer. Thankfully, as the reloads (178gr Hornady BTHP, 45gr 4350), shoot fantastic groups out of my K31s.

Back
Top Bottom