Breaking: 7/3/20: - 5:00 pm = South Shore Plaza Mall Shooting

Certain malls are actually experiencing a renaissance. Anyone who has been to Burlington can witness it first hand. The parking lot is always packed. The stores are busy.

I read an article on this topic a couple of years ago in the Economist. They described how mall owners are dumping poorly performing properties and investing in improvements for their better performing properties. This goes hand in hand with another trend which is that kids of today are rediscovering malls.

Through all this one thing has always remained true. Once the juvenile delinquents take over a mall and frighten away the upper middle class mommies there to shop with their daughters, its all over. The place is doomed. It was true in the 80s. Its true today.

At one time, I think before Simon bought SSM, the security officers there were special police officers and were armed. Simon wanted to soften that image so they made them into Paul Blart security. Braintree PD started doing details there, but I don't even know if they still do that.

Certain malls are actually experiencing a renaissance. Anyone who has been to Burlington can witness it first hand. The parking lot is always packed. The stores are busy.

I read an article on this topic a couple of years ago in the Economist. They described how mall owners are dumping poorly performing properties and investing in improvements for their better performing properties. This goes hand in hand with another trend which is that kids of today are rediscovering malls.

Through all this one thing has always remained true. Once the juvenile delinquents take over a mall and frighten away the upper middle class mommies there to shop with their daughters, its all over. The place is doomed. It was true in the 80s. Its true today.

Are you referring to the Burlington mall NOW? Or pre-Covid? I know it was certainly the case pre-Covid.

Frank

So, what sneakers were they fighting over?

Jordans?

They're called "Macy's" now. LOL

Yep. The true beginning-of-the-end of Silver City Galleria wasn't 2 or 4 or 6 years ago. It was 12 or so years ago when that big gang fight happened one Friday night. Allowing that trash INTO the mall and then allowing that to happen caused the entire family-friendly environment to change. People just stopped going.

Same thing happened to Westgate years ago. Then somehow they cleaned it up or something. I haven't been in in. . . . gosh, maybe Toys R Us was still there. (Or was it Child World - and I'm showing my age. LOL)

The parts of Westgate that are doing well are the free standing stores on the periphery. Harbor Freight, Town Fair, Lowes, Chik Fil A, Texas Roadhouse and even Best Buy. I haven't been in the mall itself in years other than once in a while stopping in at Sears.

I think Macys is gone, replaced by a Burlington store.

The Burlington Mall was still pretty upscale the last time I was there a year or so ago. Of course that area is more upscale than Braintree/Quincy or Brockton.

They're called "Macy's" now. LOL

Yep. The true beginning-of-the-end of Silver City Galleria wasn't 2 or 4 or 6 years ago. It was 12 or so years ago when that big gang fight happened one Friday night. Allowing that trash INTO the mall and then allowing that to happen caused the entire family-friendly environment to change. People just stopped going.

Same thing happened to Westgate years ago. Then somehow they cleaned it up or something. I haven't been in in. . . . gosh, maybe Toys R Us was still there. (Or was it Child World - and I'm showing my age. LOL)

YEah. The only "inside" of Westgate I've done in 20+ years is stopping in at Popeye's. But they did a good job of keeping active in the outdoor sections of the mall. I remember seeing Star Wars with my brother there in 77. Getting dropped off at the movie theater then walking over to Woolies for some snackies before my mom picked us up. We did that 3-4x a Summer. And the flagstone flooring inside the mall - was that everywhere or just near the Jordans. I loved that Bradlees. What a great store for a 10yo boy looking for various holiday gifts. But the sale prices were NEVER in the system. Ever. You had to know the prices in order to be sure you didn't get stuck by Mrs. B.

300px-Carnac.jpg

At one time, I think before Simon bought SSM, the security officers there were special police officers and were armed. Simon wanted to soften that image so they made them into Paul Blart security. Braintree PD started doing details there, but I don't even know if they still do that.
They still do details there.

I didn’t even know the malls were open
New Oldsmobiles are in early this year.
Karen was pissed that the manager took too long for a complaint?
Time to file a meta-complaint.
All I can say is BLM.
Life's pretty cheap for that type.

At the food court ? Is Chick-Fil-A open ?
Popeyes. No Chick-Fil-A.
Every time we whip past the new Popeyes at the foot of Lowe's Mountain
in South Nashua on the way to La Carreta, I say to the Bride,
"we have got to try their new Fistfight Chicken Sandwich".
This is an example if why one should always carry a gun that has been cleaned since the last use. It doesn't take a high score on the detective's examine fo a cop to tell the gun has not been recently fired.
Good tip. I work the contrapositive -
I take a selfie of me holding charcoal briquettes before leaving the house,
to generate a false positive on paraffin tests.
I was listening to H Patrol 2 when the fun started.
For a second there, you had me thinking there was Yet Another 5-0 reboot.
You just sniff the bore like they do in the movies.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yup, the greatest threat to a young Black man is another young Black man not a white Cop. Doesn't fit the narrative thou. I drove thru Concord,Ma. Thursday and you should have seen all the BLM signs on the lawns of the woke Mansions. I guess they're scared, Concord has to be the whitest town in America.
Someone's virtue signaling with a BLM sign on a telephone pole in my town.
I'm thinking of posting a "Free Kale" sign below it.
Perps and associates
Photo looks more aerobic than kinetic...

Back
Top Bottom