• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bring me up to speed, about building my own AR-15 in MA? And why can we buy similar rifles but not the copies of an AR how does that work.....

Hi all, I am trapped in the commie state of Mass and looking to buy but not sure I want a sig speer LT type, and would like to build my own AR copy from a stripped down lower so I have a few questions like how the hell is the sig speer on shelves but not AR copies here in Mass?!!? Secondly what is the "gray area" to buying a stripped down lower and building a complaint version and submitting all the proper forms? Can some someone please explain this process? Thanks
Gray area?

OP's goin' to jail!

Hi all, I am trapped in the commie state of Mass and looking to buy but not sure I want a sig speer LT type, and would like to build my own AR copy from a stripped down lower so I have a few questions like how the hell is the sig speer on shelves but not AR copies here in Mass?!!? Secondly what is the "gray area" to buying a stripped down lower and building a complaint version and submitting all the proper forms? Can some someone please explain this process? Thanks
[popcorn]

The "gray area" mostly has to do with the "enforcement notice" that the AG released in 2016 that put additional "clarification" on the definition of an assault weapon. In reality the enforcement notice basically redefined the existing definition of an assault weapon even though no laws were passed. We wrote an article about this exact thing on our website.

Spencer
Bay State Surplus

OK so its the Feds that might not know then maybe? Unless the state shares the info?

@Keven my dude… I’m gonna say the quiet part out loud that everyone here is thinking…

You’re either 16 years old and never touched a woman

Grew up under power lines eating lead paint as a kid

Some reporter troll

Some bogus State/Fed plant

Or some other NESer creating a fake account to get others worked up…

Which ever it is, please recognize how your posts/questions come across before you type them… because they’re F*cking dumb.

Look, I mean no disrespect, really — if you’re just a FNG and super inexperienced, lay your cards on the table — pay for a membership here (go green) and then politely admit to being naïve and ask away. Prepare to be roasted along the way, but if you develop a thick-skin and a semi-sarcastic sense of humor and don’t get too weird about creeping through your mom’s underwear drawer, you’ll probably fit in.

Do us all a favor though, please stop the “so if I just do this, it won’t be illegal???” type questions — most of us on here are not lawyers. Those of us who are lawyers give very limited free advice (and remember, you get what you pay for most of the time). In all instances, it’s YOUR responsibility to understand the law - if you don’t (because they are so convoluted and always getting worse) take a Goal training class, buy Atty. Branca’s book (Google it), or consult a legal professional.

Seriously though… you can’t be serious with this thread, right?

buy Atty. Branca’s book (Google it), or consult a legal professional.

I was lucky enough to get a free copy during Rekeita's live stream marathons during the Rittenhouse trial, great book.
You can get the paperback for 'free' if you are willing to get emails every day. I bought the original and then the latest edition for all edc'ers in the family. I got a thing for hard cover editions.

You can get the paperback for 'free' if you are willing to get emails every day. I bought the original and then the latest edition for all edc'ers in the family. I got a thing for hard cover editions.
So you also have "the little red book"? I bought this in 1998 from Andy when he was selling them at the Foxboro gun show. His table was next to the GOAL table where I was working. He's a very interesting guy and I have all his editions, plus took his instructor training. It won't answer the OPs question however.

Attachments

• The Law of Self-Defense-1st Edition.jpg
    The Law of Self-Defense-1st Edition.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 8
So you also have "the little red book"? I bought this in 1998 from Andy when he was selling them at the Foxboro gun show. His table was next to the GOAL table where I was working. He's a very interesting guy and I have all his editions, plus took his instructor training. It won't answer the OPs question however.
Nice. No, I have the first edition and newest editions of the 'Principles' book.

Back
Top Bottom