Bump fire

Just wondering if you guys ever heard of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nUA52BS3c

Never heard of it but people will try anything.Doesn't seem like a very effective way for actually AIMING the rifle though.Even if you can control the recoil,if the muzzle's not pointed at the target it doesn't really matter.Seems like it would force you to naturally point the muzzle down and if that were the case you would be better off just firing from the hip normally.[smile]

I think it's pretty stupid. That is not what I would call controlled fire. You could easily send rounds left, right, and up over the berm doing this.

I don't use the belt loop method but instead sling my Romi AK over my shoulder and do it using my index finger.
Its something I only do closer to the berm so I know nothing is going over and once you start firing you can easily control where the rounds are going because you can see their impact.
Its fun but burns ammo too quick and is just usefull in getting that quick full auto thrill. I couldn't see doing it with anything other than an AK because of the sloppy tolerances these rifles have. Doesn't seem safe with M1 type rifles, pistols, or even an SKS.

I do it all the time with my AK (using the belt loop method). It's not hard to control. It's not bullseye shooting, but it's not hard to keep all the shots in a bunker at 50 yards.

I've done it with my Mini-14 and AK - didn't work too well with the Mini but the AK bumps away like nothing. Very little muzzle rise and it's not hard to keep things within about 5-10 feet at 75 yards. Never had it fire out of battery. I don't use the belt loop, just keep the trigger finger rigid and pull the rifle forward against the finger with the off hand. It still "bumps" but at a somewhat slower rate.

I agree with Milsurps though, it's good for a quick quasi-full auto thrill (the "distinctive AK-47 sound") and burning up ammo and that's about it.

its just a cheap way to get some full auto fun out of an AK.

I have tried it and it certainly works but I dont think its something I would want a bunch of my Officers lined up on the range doing..[grin]

but yeah its good for a quick burst of FA fun for those that dont have Green Cards...[smile]

Bump firing sometimes occurs by accident and probably has happened to you without knowing it. Ever touch off two rounds in quick succession even though you swear you didn't pull the trigger? Well, it could be soft primers or some mechanical wear but most likely it was a bump fire. The butt wasn't placed well enough into your shoulder and when the first round went down the range, the felt recoil bounced the stock against your shoulder and back against your trigger finger, launching another round. I've had it happen to me when I wear heavy clothes in the Winter and I'm pretty confident you've had it happen, too.

It's not pretty. It's also not accurate at all and not a good way to burn now-expensive ammo. It can be safe but as pointed out, you have a hard time hanging onto the muzzle.

Finally, there is actually a trigger attachment (BATF Approved btw) call the "hell-fire" trigger. It's actually designed to refine the bump fire idea with a spring loaded, adjustable trigger attachment. I've got one I've never tried nor will try. Frankly, once you shoot a "real" machinegun (I've been to Knob Creek twice and Westfield once) of just about any type, you lose your attraction to trying bumpfires on any semi. It's a pale imitation of the real thing.

You can, btw, bumpfire any semi-auto. It's not just for the AR.

Rome

To each his own, but I prefer a high level of accuracy to capacity. There are several ways to bump fire demostrated but while it may be a hoot, most people that do it in video dont ever show the target being hit.

Leads me to beleive they mostly shoot air.[hmmm]

I used to do it,before ammo got expensive.It's not hard to control and rounds don't go flying everywhere killing unborn children and small adorable fuzzy animals.I wouldn't do it from 50 yards out,but standing 25 yards in front of a berm is no problem.

Back
Top Bottom