New Canik TTI combat failure to fire.

I'm a big Canik fan. Jumped on the SFX when it first came out...been shooting competition with it for years.

However....they really have taken a turn towards "fugly"..enough with the gold sh@t.
This is tti... but hopefully they release them in better colors.

I'm a big Canik fan. Jumped on the SFX when it first came out...been shooting competition with it for years.

However....they really have taken a turn towards "fugly"..enough with the gold sh@t.
You do realize canik sells a whole bunch of skus... including guns that are blacked out. ? A lot of times some dealers have the weird stuff because it's easier to get their hands on it but it's not impossible to get one that looks better.

You do realize canik sells a whole bunch of skus... including guns that are blacked out. ? A lot of times some dealers have the weird stuff because it's easier to get their hands on it but it's not impossible to get one that looks better.
I do indeed....own one that was made before they went "full fugly"

Problem turned out to be an over lubed striker and striker channel. Also the Winchester 9mm 124 Nato ammo was also a problem. Cleaned the striker and changed ammo and it ran like a champ. Love the gun,
Hard primers AND light strikes. Good on you for getting to the issue and resolving it. (And letting us know!)

One bad gun does not a product make. Even manufacturers like HK will make a dud like that once in a blue moon. Canik is generally on the better part of the arc in terms of QC. The out of box fail/dump rate on caniks is pretty low. They would easily beat Smith and Ruger without even trying, if it was measured. Some would argue that's not a high bar, though. Admittedly with smith they took a shit in their own well with the BG380, original shield etc. 🤣
Add SIG to that list of easily beaten.

Problem turned out to be an over lubed striker and striker channel. Also the Winchester 9mm 124 Nato ammo was also a problem. Cleaned the striker and changed ammo and it ran like a champ. Love the gun,
Awesome!!

Add SIG to that list of easily beaten.

Those are all stupid examples. When Canik can make even 0.0001% of the production numbers that Sig, Smith or Ruger have, then let's come back and have a conversation about it. Until then Canik is a cute new manufacturer that is getting on its big boy pants. They are off to a positive start but still need the pull-ups.

Same problem with mine, just picked it up yesterday, more no strikes than light stikes. Tons of oil inside striker sleeve

just cleaned it up.. we will seee

john

First time at the range with a new Canik TTI combat I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I shot a 100 rounds of Winchester 124gr Nato training ammunition. I had 14 episodes of failure to fire. The round gets chambered trigger pull feels normal seems like I can hear the striker fire, but it never hits the primer. Every time it failed I dropped the mag ejected round in the chamber and put in back in the mag installed mag racked the slide and it fired fine. I did not expect this from such a highly anticipated 1,000.00 gun. I also had a TP9SFX and a TP9DA with me and it fired all of this ammunition fine. I have sent a message to Canik customer service.
The same exact thing happened with mine. Picked it up yesterday and went through 200 rounds of 115g Winchester and 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115g and had around 25 failures. I even cleaned and lubed before firing at all. I tried swapping out the recoil guide rod with the other one marked “low” on it since it’s supposedly for lower power loads and I still got all those malfunctions. Very frustrating and I guess I’ll have to contact Canik customer service tomorrow as well.

Had the same issue, no primer strike at all on several rounds. Switched to the lighter spring (included) and that fixed the problem. Read about this fix on another post.

Interesting... I took mine apart and there was quite a bit of lube on the striker, what is the particular issue with the Winchester ammo, if you know?

First time at the range with a new Canik TTI combat I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I shot a 100 rounds of Winchester 124gr Nato training ammunition. I had 14 episodes of failure to fire. The round gets chambered trigger pull feels normal seems like I can hear the striker fire, but it never hits the primer. Every time it failed I dropped the mag ejected round in the chamber and put in back in the mag installed mag racked the slide and it fired fine. I did not expect this from such a highly anticipated 1,000.00 gun. I also had a TP9SFX and a TP9DA with me and it fired all of this ammunition fine. I have sent a message to Canik customer service.
had the same problem, with some feeding issues too. Just sent mine back to be looked at. I put 450 rounds of different ammo and gr. it did not change. Hopefully they get it fixed.

Same thing happened to me today. I traveled to a dealer 100 miles away to buy the Canik TTI and immediately took it to a range. Used 100 rounds of 115/124 target ammo and 25 rds of Fiocchi 147 grain ammo. Failed to fire about 20 times; I quit keeping track. I switched to the low tension recoil spring about halfway through. The same failures happened at random intervals regardless of ammo and spring strength. For some reason the cartridges wouldn't go smoothly up the ramp fully seat. I could see little impressions in some of the bullets where they had slammed into the barrel opening. Disappointing first experience with the gun. My cheap Canik tp9sf has never had a hiccup. I guess I'll open communication with Canik to see what they suggest but what I really want is a replacement gun that works.

Those are all stupid examples. When Canik can make even 0.0001% of the production numbers that Sig, Smith or Ruger have, then let's come back and have a conversation about it. Until then Canik is a cute new manufacturer that is getting on its big boy pants. They are off to a positive start but still need the pull-ups.
Umm... lol?

Same thing happened to me today. I traveled to a dealer 100 miles away to buy the Canik TTI and immediately took it to a range. Used 100 rounds of 115/124 target ammo and 25 rds of Fiocchi 147 grain ammo. Failed to fire about 20 times; I quit keeping track. I switched to the low tension recoil spring about halfway through. The same failures happened at random intervals regardless of ammo and spring strength. For some reason the cartridges wouldn't go smoothly up the ramp fully seat. I could see little impressions in some of the bullets where they had slammed into the barrel opening. Disappointing first experience with the gun. My cheap Canik tp9sf has never had a hiccup. I guess I'll open communication with Canik to see what they suggest but what I really want is a replacement gun that works.
Taran strikes again... i will wait until they get past this run and do this without the tti name and get the bugs worked out

Umm... lol?

Haha $70MM. #3 exported to US even funnier

Now let's consider the number produced since each company's founding . . . including domestic manufacture

I'll wait

Haha $70MM. #3 exported to US even funnier

Now let's consider the number produced since each company's founding . . . including domestic manufacture

I'll wait
They are not an insignifigant manufacturer that's all I'm saying

Sig has had notorious qc issues.

Vtac sights aren't milled correct
320 drop issues
Legion pvd finish issues

That's just off the top of my head

I've personally owned about 15 caniks and about 12 sigs

I've sent 1 sig back and no caniks... in fact the only gun ive ever sent back was a sig.

The only other gun which should've gone back was a stag AR

I know sample size of 1 and all

But I've probably owned around 300 firearms from ravens to nighthawks.

I like sigs... I'm excited to buy an axg legion.

I like caniks and I'm looking forward to when they slap a comp on a regular mete and dont let taran go to town on the slide.

But you do need to give credit and blame where its due.

Sigs have less than stellar qc...and if this turns out to be a dud in qc from canik its probably their first

Back
Top Bottom