• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bushmaster S/N

PCK9

NES Member
Was looking to see if anyone can help me out with a Bushmaster AR-15 S/N. I called Bushmaster and they told me that what is on the web site is all that they have for Serial Number information. I am looking at a XM152E series with s/n starting with LBM. Looking to see if it is a pre-94 rifle. I don't think it is but just need to confirm. Thanks for any help.

I called Bushmaster
Depending on when you bought this particular rifle Bushmaster company has been sold numerous times to old employees, conglomerates and operated as a new business with the same name, and then is in the process of being bought back by the employees. Many of the original Bushmaster employees started a different company.

Do you know who you spoke to?

Just the receptionist. She put me on hold and double checked with someone but could not provide any more information.

When I called them years ago for mine they told me that all they could say from the records was that it was made before or after the ban. My rifle was Preban and they were kind enough to send me an email to that effect. (For what that’s worth)

Call them again and maybe you will get someone else more willing to help. I’m sure that they are inundated with requests at the moment with the possible grand-personing issue in Mass.

I called a few hears ago and they said they didn’t have any of that information. It supposedly never made the transition from Maine to Freedom Group. I even tried wyndham weaponry to see if they had that info on file. My bushy is L046XXX which put it in early ‘94. What I found was under L050k was gtg. My other bushy was from 2004 but can’t remember the serial off hand.

This should help, but not guaranteed:

Bushmaster
Below L051000 - Assembled Pre-Ban Rifles and some pre-94 lowers.**
L051001-L063000 - Mixed Pre-Ban Assembled Rifles and Pre-Sept 94 Lowers (Call to verify)
L063001 and Up - Post-Ban
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-Carson City, NV Manufactured

BFI000000 = 2006-2011​

L063001 and higher are POST BAN = 1994-2006

L063000 and lower are PRE BAN = Pre Sept. 1994

Serial is LBM50xxx so I am thinking it is like a late 90's early 2000. Can transfer in if it is not Pre-Ban.

Back
Top Bottom