Buying dies in Ma.

I think you need to define what press??

The ones for Dillon won't fit RCBS, Lyman, etc. and vice versa.

Tell us what you need and maybe someone can point you in a proper direction.

He states
... shell plates and dies

I guess I picked up on the "shell plates" and ignored the dies part of the question.

Dies . . . there is one dealer (is it Zenk?) that always has a table full of dies at each gun show. Don't know of any MA dealers that really specialize in reloading supplies, perhaps someone else does? Brownells and Midway are good sources for dies . . . especially if you have a C&R FFL and get the dealer pricing.

But shell plates are specific to the brand and model of press.

all the die manufacturers use the same thread for their dies 7/8x14 the only exception is the Square Deal by Dillon.
Shell plates are brand specific. KTP is the closest place that would have dies RCBS,Lee and Lyman some Dillon but not Redding Saeco. Otherwise the Internet is your best bet

OOPS I just remembered I'm going north Thurs if there is something that you might need call KTP if they have it I can pick it up and you can work out a meeting place. and I'll be back SAT

Middleboro has a pretty good supply and the little place Carr's in Taunton has a bunch of Lee product. Northeast Trading can get you Dillon dies and conversions.

Since Hornady's web site listings for their products leave me a little confused. I was thinking that it might be easier to just go pick up what I needed for my new Hornady L-N-L AP press. But it seems that Hornady products are hard to find in Ma. stores.

Middleboro carrys RCBS and Dillon reloading equipment. KTP is a option and I thank you for the offer to pick up stuff for me but I'm in no hurry.

I might be better off buying the shelll plates directly from Hornady and might as buy these dies at the same time .45acp, 38/357. 41mag and 32-20.

So I m just going to call Hornady's customer service and tell them what I want and let them figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom