• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CA - Homeowner With M1 Carbine Shoots Intruder

In the predawn hours of April 11th, Santa Barbara Police received multiple calls that a man was roaming a local neighborhood in what was described to 911 operators as “an altered state of mind,” according to Sergeant Riley Harwood, SBPD media spokesman.

Before police arrived on scene, he had already broken through the doors of a private residence and was confronted by the owner of the home armed with a vintage M-1 carbine military rifle. “The suspect was told to leave,” Harwood reported to the media, “but failed to do so, and was shot by the homeowner.”

The suspect, William Cavit Blair, 33, a current probationer, reportedly began residing in the area recently, and allegedly had been seen and heard prowling in the neighborhood.

The suspect first appeared on the property of one of the Pedregosa homes and a resident warned him to leave, Harwood said. The suspect made an obscene gesture to her and continued to the rear of the property, smashing through a gate, according to Harwood.

The suspect then broke through the gate of a neighboring property and knocked on the front door of the residence. The homeowner, a 54-year-old man, went to the door and overhead the suspect utter something about money, then refused to open the door after telling the man to leave.

The suspect then began repeatedly and forcefully kicking the front door of the residence before walking around to the rear of the property. The homeowner armed himself with an M-1 carbine rifle that he owned, and went to the rear of his home where he thought the suspect might try to enter...

http://crimevoice.com/homeowner-shoots-prowler-with-wwii-rifle-11967/

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/041112_downtown_intruder_shot_by_homeowner/

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/041612_alleged_intruder_facing_misdemeanor_charges/

Is it just me or are a LOT of brake ins happening.... and A LOT of them are getting what they deserve?

and +1 for the M-1

With the economy in bad shape and people out of jobs, they are resorting to drastic measures (i.e. burglary/robbery). Some of them pick the wrong house... [thinking].

gran_torino_12_440_pxlw.jpg

Happy ending, except the part where the bad guy lived.

When I moved out here and before the wife and kids had joined me, she kept our M-1 Carbine for home defense. With soft points, it has greater stopping power than a 357 Magnum, and is easier to aim.

Fortunately she never had need to use it.

When I moved out here and before the wife and kids had joined me, she kept our M-1 Carbine for home defense. With soft points, it has greater stopping power than a 357 Magnum, and is easier to aim.

Fortunately she never had need to use it.

It got a bad rap with hunters, but I'd much rather leave a mag full of .30 carbine at home with the wife than five shots of .357 from a revolver. Particularly if she's not a shooter.

Back
Top Bottom