Cabellas Gun Show

I recently got a flyer in the mail advertising a gun show at Cabellas East Hartford location on Feb 12-15th. Anyone hear about it?

Last edited:
Yup - right on the website:

Buy, Sell or Trade Your Firearms
Come to our Gun Show February 13-15. You'll find hundreds of used guns as well as hundreds of new guns at fantastic prices! Also, bring in your used firearms for FREE on-site appraisals. Buy, Sell, or Trade at Cabela's Gun Show.

Here is the notice from their CT site.

Buy, Sell or Trade Your Firearms
Come to our Gun Show February 13-15. You'll find hundreds of used guns as well as hundreds of new guns at fantastic prices! Also, bring in your used firearms for FREE on-site appraisals. Buy, Sell, or Trade at Cabela's Gun Show.

While I have never been to a "Cabela's Gun Show" I don't live that far away and in fact we were there last Monday. So I will go.

Cabela's in general is fabulous just to see the beauty of the stuffed animals. They make the outdoor sports look good. As far as retail guns go at Cabela's their prices seem high.

To add that my notes show another gun show in CT almost at the same time.

Feb 16 & 17 Windsor-Locks, CT
Firearm & Knife Show/Sale
The Beverly Hills Suites Hotel

another site says the show is at

Feb 21-22 CT, Windsor Locks. Beverly Hills Suite Hotel. Firearm & Knife Show. T: 200. Carole, PO Box 406, Mahopac Falls, NY 10542. PH: 914-248-1000.

???

Last edited:
The guns at Cabelas are over-priced, however the "gun show" brings some of the prices down to a normal range. I would not be going there thinking that you are going to find all kinds of great gun deals, it rarely happens. However, the bargain cave inside of the store is always the first place that I go to when entering any Cabelas. But as previously mentioned, any reason to go to cabelas is a good reason, especially if you can stop at the one in Hamburg, PA (the largest of all of them in the nation).

A few months back they had two racks of used rifles now it is down to one. Some of their prices are really out there and I can only assume they have some stuff in the back for this big sale.

I did buy an Encore rifle there at a reasonable price a while back.

There are some good deals in the bargain ben, mainly on scopes etc.

Question, If you go to the show and buy a rifle for example and you dont hold a license in ct, you still have to wait for the two week hold right? Or am I wrong as I just learned about their nazi-ness as well this last weekend when I was told I cant have my gun for two weeks unless I have it shipped to an FFL. No point in me going if I cant get my stuff then and there

Question, If you go to the show and buy a rifle for example and you dont hold a license in ct, you still have to wait for the two week hold right? Or am I wrong as I just learned about their nazi-ness as well this last weekend when I was told I cant have my gun for two weeks unless I have it shipped to an FFL. No point in me going if I cant get my stuff then and there

That is correct!

14 day wait unless:
The waiting period specified in subsection (a) of this section during which delivery may not be made and the provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any federal marshal, parole officer or peace officer, or to the delivery at retail of (1) any firearm to a holder of a valid state permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued under the provisions of section 29-28 or a valid eligibility certificate issued under the provisions of section 29-36f, (2) any firearm to an active member of the armed forces of the United States or of any reserve component thereof, (3) any firearm to a holder of a valid hunting license issued pursuant to chapter 490, or (4) antique firearms.

Excerpted from:
Sec. 29-37a. Sale or delivery at retail of firearm other than pistol or revolver. Procedure.

Back
Top Bottom