• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun shows- Wilmington MA March 3+4 and Springfield MA March 9+10

Billium

NES Member
Probably going to pick up a few extra mags in Wilmington just in case before “MA gun grab 2024.” Hopefully none of that stuff passes and that panel comes to their senses.

Attachments

• 16CD1C17-C3EB-4838-BD1B-422A89FED803.jpeg
    16CD1C17-C3EB-4838-BD1B-422A89FED803.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 00CA8F2F-B21A-4E5C-A7E8-E537A34AF095.jpeg
    00CA8F2F-B21A-4E5C-A7E8-E537A34AF095.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 111
Haven’t been to the Springfield show in years. Will probably end up going this year. Looking for Shotshell components. Fingers crossed they’ll have some.

Went with my dad one time. By his design, we walked down every aisle once and hit every table. Very orderly. Didn't miss anything nor went in circles. Then we got a hot dog in the kitchen. I've got to go back.

Probably going to pick up a few extra mags in Wilmington just in case before “MA gun grab 2024.” Hopefully none of that stuff passes and that panel comes to their senses.
Are there really any deals on mags at a gun show versus buying online or from sellers on NES? I guess maybe it depends what type of mags

Are there really any deals on mags at a gun show versus buying online or from sellers on NES? I guess maybe it depends what type of mags

As a rule, you would be doing good at MSRP or 1% lower at a gunshow.

Then you add in the cost of gas, time, admission price and you are over MSRP.

Wilmington show used have a different ammo dealer than the NY guys that were at all the other shows, at slightly better prices... This was a long ass time ago, I remember Wilmington as being very very crowded.. I left early because I got so flustered with all stinky fat white guys in woodland camo huffing and puffing after walking 11 ft to the next table... Almost as bad as the NH rednecks at the Concord show :)

I also find Wilmington a little better than Marlboro. I don’t have anything going on. And the wife works weekends so I like to go walk around. I never have any real expectations but like to check it out.

Yeah the mill is fun but I can go there any weekend.

I also find Wilmington a little better than Marlboro. I don’t have anything going on. And the wife works weekends so I like to go walk around. I never have any real expectations but like to check it out.

Yeah the mill is fun but I can go there any weekend.
This right here is the correct approach to NE gun shows: no expectation of good prices or finding anything, just something to do on a day off.

I salute you.

Woburn Sportsmen will have a booth at both shows. We're trying to bump up our membership numbers and get more youth involved in our Junior programs. Swing by and check us out. You'll be able to complete the membership paperwork and start the process of joining WSA. I will be there all day tomorrow.

Will a C&R holder have a good time at the Wilmington show this weekend, or is it generally modern firearms? I'm more looking for C&R eligible pistols than rifles.

Just got back from the show. There were around 300 tables of the advertised 500. Had a good selection of gun dealers. B&K, Avid, Mass Armament, Tombstone and a number of smaller guys selling guns. There were a number of C&R type guns and plenty of overpriced ammo. I walked out of the NY ammo guy’s area as he was asking full rape prices.

I found what I was looking for at a good price. Did see a Nambo for a really good price as well but I’m broke so it was reluctant pass. Probably the first show that had less junk than usual.

Just got back from the show. There were around 300 tables of the advertised 500. Had a good selection of gun dealers. B&K, Avid, Mass Armament, Tombstone and a number of smaller guys selling guns. There were a number of C&R type guns and plenty of overpriced ammo. I walked out of the NY ammo guy’s area as he was asking full rape prices.

I found what I was looking for at a good price. Did see a Nambo for a really good price as well but I’m broke so it was reluctant pass. Probably the first show that had less junk than usual.
Thanks. Really makes you wonder how much ammo does he sell to set up, get a room, and lug all that ammo around. I guess he just sell enough to justify it. But people are crazy

Back
Top Bottom