• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California Compliant Berettas: What's different?

Beretta has some rebates going on for their pistols and I'm thinking of grabbing some. I'm seeing the CA compliant models are a bit cheaper than those that aren't CA compliant, even ones with mags that are less than 10 rd and don't have threaded barrels, so I'm wondering is there any difference between CA compliant and standard models of the same pistols made by Beretta?

I want to make sure if I buy a CA compliant pistol that's DA/SA to come factory restricted to just DAO or has a fixed magazine welded into the magwell.

Why would you buy a CA restricted gun in the first place? Mass restrictions are obviously not restricted enough so you seek something worse to save 50 whole dollars.

They all have LCIs, right? So I think CA just needs to have its own SKU to indicate that it ships with ten rounds mags. Maybe they require a drop test like MA? I don't think it's any different functionally but don't quote me on that.

They all have LCIs, right? So I think CA just needs to have its own SKU to indicate that it ships with ten rounds mags. Maybe they require a drop test like MA? I don't think it's any different functionally but don't quote me on that.
What I'm looking at is a single stack with 7 rd mags and has an LCI on both CA and non CA models.

If that's all it is is LCI's, drop test, and maybe a mag disconnect, then I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom