Call from the Concord, NH PD this morning.

Very sage advice, on all points.

I should add: there is one easy way to never be in this situation: don't sell any guns.

That's what my cryptic post earlier. In a class one time, Ken mentioned that it was against his religion to sell guns. That sounded good to me, so I converted.

I've sold two in my lifetime and gave one to a cousin. With guns, this just means getting another safe now and then. It became a problem with the cars a while back... I had to modify my policy on those...

Got another call from the Det. today, it seems the PD picked up a kid who was carrying it in his waistband (don't kids nowadays know that a holster prevents you from shooting off your own testicles?).

Turns out my memory was a bit foggy on where I sold it, so I gave him 2 more shops to check since I've only sold through 3 shops before...hopefully he can find the trail again. By the way, the Detective is by far one of the most polite officers I've ever had dealings with, and as far as I can see there's no charges inbound.

I wonder if it had anything to do with this?

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO95838/

Police investigating home invasion in Concord, N.H.

CONCORD, N.H. -- A family is shaken up following an armed home invasion Wednesday night in New Hampshire, and now police are searching for suspects.

Just after 9 p.m. two men illegally entered 68-year-old Judith Magnin's home at 30 Airport Road in Concord.

Mangin's seven-year-old nephew Sterling was watching television when the two men burst through the front down with their guns pointed.

"They stuck the gun in his face and told him to sit the [expletive] down and don't move," Mangin said.

Sterling said he tried to be brave, not wanting the men to fire off their guns. He said the men went through every room in the house.

Mangin said the gunmen made it very clear what they were after: "Money and drugs."

The men allegedly stole only nine dollars and then took off.

Mangin said one suspect apologized as he left the house.

"He looked at me when they were ready to leave and said 'sorry ma'am,'" Mangin said.

Sterling has already been through a lot at a young age. The boy beat cancer when he was just two years old.

"I hope they get caught and they have to pay for it," Mangin said. "That little boy got scared to death."

Police are investigating the crime and said it appears to be random.

The suspects were described as white males wearing dark clothing. At the time of the invasion the suspects wore bandanas over their faces and are alleged to have been carrying handguns.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Concord Police Department at 603-225-8600.

A truly frightening situation. I suppose we all know it could happen.

I too am a firm believer in never selling a gun; I just keep buying.

that is exactly the reason I keep a weapon ready to go and on me or at least close to me at all times while in the house.

and to think my Wife thinks I am crazy [thinking]

So I was sleeping this morning as I normally do, when out of the blue, MY PHONE RANG! First off, it was only 9AM, and usually when my phone rings at 9AM, the person on the line has a death wish.

You get mad when someone calls you at 9 am? That's a perfectly respectable time to call. If you work nights or something, how in they heck were they supposed to know that?

I wouldn't worry, the burden of proof is on them and not you.

I don't know for a fact, but, I believe that it is a misdemeanor in the state of NH to sell a handgun private sale.

No, it isn't. The law in NH for FTF resident handgun sales only requires two things basically:

-The buyer is "personally known to you" (or similar verbiage) OR
-The buyer has an NH pistol permit.

There's probably some crud also about not selling to minors, etc.

FTF handgun sales in NH are legal provided you follow state and federal laws
regarding the issue.

-Mike

No, it isn't. The law in NH for FTF resident handgun sales only requires two things basically:

-The buyer is "personally known to you" (or similar verbiage) OR
-The buyer has an NH pistol permit.

There's probably some crud also about not selling to minors, etc.

FTF handgun sales in NH are legal provided you follow state and federal laws
regarding the issue.

-Mike

Do you know what RSA that falls under?

Do you know what RSA that falls under?

Found 'em.

159:10 Sale Without License. – Any person who, without being licensed as herein provided, sells, advertises or exposes for sale, or has in his possession with intent to sell, pistols or revolvers shall be guilty of a class B felony if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person.

159:14 Exemption. – None of the provisions of this chapter shall prohibit an individual not licensed under the provisions thereof who is not engaged in the business of selling pistols or revolvers from selling a pistol or revolver to a person licensed under this chapter or to a person personally known to him.

I hope you still have your copy of the paperwork showing that you transfered the pistol and are no longer the registered owner?

As hard as it may be to believe, in the overwhelming majority of the states there is neither a requirement to sell a firearm through a dealer, execute any sort of transfer paperwork (whatever that is), or have your firearms registered with anybody.

New Hampshire is included in that list.

I don't keep track of whom I have sold the few guns I have sold. It is none of my business and if the police want to know, the truth is this: I don't remember who it was.

I also lose no sleep over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
>>A lot of people are telling you to lawyer up..IMO that's a huge waste of money at this stage.<<

I agree wholeheartedly. It's also a way to look guilty when you're not.

>>A lot of people are telling you to lawyer up..IMO that's a huge waste of money at this stage.<<

I agree wholeheartedly. It's also a way to look guilty when you're not.

Often, the best way to "look guilty when you're not" is to start talking, in a setting in which law enforcement is free to frame the discussion.

I haven't been getting my regular tithes from some of the recent converts. If you want to remain one of my disciples, let's start coming across. For your convenience, we now accept cash, ammo or major credit cards. [wink]

Sri Ram Ken

I haven't been getting my regular tithes from some of the recent converts. If you want to remain one of my disciples, let's start coming across. For your convenience, we now accept cash, ammo or major credit cards. [wink]

Sri Ram Ken

Just so long as you stay OFF the Sunday morning tube!

Back
Top Bottom