Camping in Maine

I plan on camping in the north woods this summer. Can I keep a revolver in camp? What are Maine's laws regarding this. I have an LTC for Massachusetts and a non-res LTC for NH. I also have a Maine hunting license.

Get your Maine LTC call Maine State Police Gaming & Weapons @ 207-624-7210. They will send you the Application , and a book on the Maine Laws.

Do you know where in the North Maine Woods you are going to camp? I used to go all the time before The wife and baby. Now that my son is 4 I am thinking it is about time to get back up there and do some tenting. I always bring a side arm and most of the time a rifle. I used to camp @ Round Pond (there are about 8 of them) just on the other side of the Lake from a place called Loon Lodge. I also used to camp @ Cauckmagaumak Dam ( spelt Wrong ) . We would go up through Kokadjo, through t-loss gate and then take a left.. Ect Ect Ect.. Great times I cant wait to get back.

I don't know where we will end up. I have spent a lot of time in NH and VT and want to check out someplace big. My son will be turning 11 this spring and it will be an opportunity for us to discover this area together. Can't wait!

It is beautiful in the North Maine Woods. Early in the season is the best time to see Moose,and the black flies are not as bad,usually before July. If you do not have GPS I would recomend the Latest version of the Delorme Gezateer, its easy to get misplaced in 3.8 million acres.

You've got time before summer. Get yourself in gear and get a ME non-resident permit. ME takes a fair bit longer than NH, so don't delay.

I called Maine state police and it appears that I may possess and carry a sidearm with out a permit as long as it is NOT concealed. I am going to apply for the permit anyway, but it is nice to know the law. Thanks for the responses.

My friends and I are planning a camping trip to ME late this summer as well, I was thinking of getting a non-res LTC for the occasion as well.

My question is, what if you want to go swimming (which we plan on doing)? Do you just leave it in a bush and keep an eye on it? Is that breaking any laws?

Do you know where in the North Maine Woods you are going to camp? I used to go all the time before The wife and baby. Now that my son is 4 I am thinking it is about time to get back up there and do some tenting. I always bring a side arm and most of the time a rifle. I used to camp @ Round Pond (there are about 8 of them) just on the other side of the Lake from a place called Loon Lodge. I also used to camp @ Cauckmagaumak Dam ( spelt Wrong ) . We would go up through Kokadjo, through t-loss gate and then take a left.. Ect Ect Ect.. Great times I cant wait to get back.
Telos Gate is off The Golden Road. Ann and I go there quite a bit .

Back
Top Bottom