• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can anyone recommend a good slide cutting machine company

Bud R

NES Member
Hey,
looking for recommendations for a good company to cut a Hk45c slide for optics...

I sent in my P30sk to them. Gonna take a good while though. Their HK page doesn't list your model but worth it to reach out and ask.

There is Slide Dynamics in Rockland MA. I have never used them and don't know anyone who has. But you could probably go there and check them out (assuming you are in the New England area) I would imagine as opposed to sending it somewhere.

The issue with HK45 and HK45C is that some of them aren't able to be milled due to a deep cavity that runs along the firing pin. I saw a sight SAS Tactical that had a pic of the cavity mentioned. I haven't used them for anything, but I thought I read that they will cut a slide on an HK45C as long as it doesn't have the cavity.

That’s strange. I’ve heard multiple people here vouch for him.
I’ll not be one of them. What a hack job.
You don’t just pean a thread with a ball bearing to tighten it up.

We did that more than once way back to keep a go/no go gauge pass after some idiot inspector rejected it on a bullshit hole.

Wager machine works. 3 day turn around. Used them personally.
Did you use them for an HK? They only list Glock, CZ, Sig, and S&W on their site. I've used them for CZ cuts before and they're AWESOME ... just emailed them to ask if they'll do an HK.

I have been looking as I grabbed a spare slide for a USP 40c. Thought it might be interesting to add an optic so I grabbed an inexpensive Bushnell which shares a mount with a Deltapoint. I'm at the point where I may fixture it and mill it myself or I may have to find a different optic footprint.

Back
Top Bottom