• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you carry a handgun for self defense in Maine State Parks?

Couple questions for anyone that knows the Maine gun laws. I looked quickly at one web site and its looking like I have to do a ton of reading to figure it out so if anyone can help with this that already know theses answers I would appreciate the help.
  1. Can you carry a handgun for self defense in Maine State Parks without special permits? Or Federal parks in Maine.
  2. I am from Mass and want to vacation their for a month this summer, and I have a Utah carry permit will this work? Or will they give me a hard time because I am from Mass.
In contrast I was on a VT web site and it seemed a whole lot more gun friendly than Maine.

If someone here tells you it's OK, and it's not, what are you going to do? Are you going to tell the police, ranger or trooper that so and so on NES said it was OK. Do your own work and find out yourself. Don't look quickly, take your time and read.

20 second scan of link provided says you need a permit for parks. Also mentions crap about reciprocity, but I lost interest, I'd get the permit if it was me.

One of the reasons to get a Utah non-res is because it is one of fews non-res permits that does not require the person have a permit in their home state. NH is another. And they come with a lot of reciprocity. Since the OP is from MA and mentions the Utah but not a MA LTC, I'm thinking this is why.

Years ago I did hear this would fulfill the "has permit" exceptions of ME, but who knows today, I am not a lawyer, and as has been said OP should do his own research.
These exception are also why some in NH still get a P&R even though we have ConnCarry

If you spend lots of time in Maine, in those areas it is a good idea to have, if you are worried about being legal at all times
The Delorme map shows areas that are parks
Who has the time and energy to fill out that Maine Application? It is insane

If someone here tells you it's OK, and it's not, what are you going to do? Are you going to tell the police, ranger or trooper that so and so on NES said it was OK. Do your own work and find out yourself. Don't look quickly, take your time and read.
Worry not brother for thy walks with the lord. Look at this article I have to think that Bruen case is making a huge difference now.

Judge Drops Case Against New Hampshire Man Charged For Not Having Massachusetts Carry License

Who has the time or energy to worry about where it is, or is not legal to carry?

If a situation ever occurs where i needed it, I'll worry about the legal ramifications later.
Concealed means concealed.
100% Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If you spend lots of time in Maine, in those areas it is a good idea to have, if you are worried about being legal at all times
The Delorme map shows areas that are parks
Who has the time and energy to fill out that Maine Application? It is insane
I am shocked and I live in Mass.......that says a lot

You don't have to get your nickers all in a bind. But I guess you can't read to well either I have trouble to its OK. But if you read my second sentence in my first post very carefully and focus you will see and then perhaps come to a rational conclusion; You should do this I want to say like a grown up would, but I am not holding my breath. And by the way some key words used were appreciate, Thanks etc but most importantly i also said "already know theses answers" so as to NOT waste anyone's times on this. If yo want to talk shit, then back it up; other than that yes it is just your opinion about how you view me and I could care less my brother.

wow that was an amazing discovery on your part. Congratulations! Good for you, now you understand. You must feel silly now.

Back
Top Bottom