• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canada Goose down feathers?

WojtekWeaponry

Dealer
NES Member
I have been doing a good job wrecking the geese up here in NH and every time I pluck my birds I get a good bunch of feathers, some of which I assume is down. Been thinking I should save these feathers for a cool blanket but I can't find resources on what to look for and how to process the feathers. Does anyone have any good resources on this?

It's the law of diminishing returns.

Every stage of what you are doing, is costing you time and labor. If you are in it to just know you did it, then good on you. In all things I have done in the past, I computed the time an effort to accomplish a task against what I could purchase it for, and made the decision as to over spend my time against just paying for the deed to be done.

I'd rather spend my time doing what I love than doing a menial task more easily paid for. Price 20 lbs of down and spend the time making a down coat or have one made.

PS: the feathers suck. The quills stick out in everything.

It's the law of diminishing returns.

Every stage of what you are doing, is costing you time and labor. If you are in it to just know you did it, then good on you. In all things I have done in the past, I computed the time an effort to accomplish a task against what I could purchase it for, and made the decision as to over spend my time against just paying for the deed to be done.

I'd rather spend my time doing what I love than doing a menial task more easily paid for. Price 20 lbs of down and spend the time making a down coat or have one made.

PS: the feathers suck. The quills stick out in everything.
Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom